1999 All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car and Driver Specifications 1. ENGINE. 406 cu. inch (410 with clean-up) cast iron engine or aluminum engine. Maximum of one spark plug per cylinder. No double overhead cam engines; no titanium rods;...
1999 All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car and Driver Specifications
1. ENGINE. 406 cu. inch (410 with clean-up) cast iron engine or aluminum engine. Maximum of one spark plug per cylinder. No double overhead cam engines; no titanium rods; two valves per cylinder only. If engine checks over 410, driver and car will be disqualified and all points and money will be forfeited for that day and the following three All Star races.
NOTE: Engine may be checked at any time during an event or torn down after an event at All Star's discretion.
If an All Star official finds the motor to be illegal, you will be given the opportunity to pull the head if you think your motor is legal. You will have a time limit of one hour after the feature event to do so. Anyone who refuses to comply with this rule, destroys All Star property, or verbally abuses All Star officials over technical matters, will be disqualified and will draw the same penalty as above.
2. FUEL. Methanol only; no additives, except All Star approved top oil which must pass All Star fuel test. No nitrous oxide, no turbo chargers or blowers. Fuel bladders are mandatory. No smaller than 24 gallon fuel tank allowed at any time (27 gallon or larger fuel tank recommended).
Fuel may be checked at any time on selected cars during an event by All Star officials. If fuel is found to be illegal, driver and car will be disqualified and all points and money will be forfeited for the day and the next three All Star races. If purse money has already been paid, neither driver nor owner will race until money has been returned to All Stars. Owner may be requested to pay lab cost for fuel test.
3. DRIVE LINE must be completely enclosed. Drive line hoop or strap is mandatory.
4. (New) CHASSIS TOP RAIL must be min. 1 1/2" diameter, .095 thickness. BOTTOM RAIL must be min. 1 3/8" diameter, .095 thickness. ROLL CAGE min. .095 thickness.
5. Cars must resemble a sprint car: hood, fuel tank, etc. No non-winged cars. Maximum 25' square top wing, 2X3 nose wing. Top wing no wider than 61". Maximum side board 30" X 72". No kick-outs. Maximum 3" wicker bill. Triangular side panels on roll cage allowed, must be within roll cage. No turnouts or any other air foils. NO air foil runners under wing. Car number must be displayed on top of wing.
6. REAR BUMPERS must be steel only, min. 1" diameter, min. .065 thickness. Nerf bars mandatory.
7. FRONT AXLES must be steel only, min. sizes 2" x .156, 2-1/4" x .120, or 2-3/8" x .095
8. No bolt-on weights. No part of car can extend past front bumper, with bumper no more than 23" from front of front axle.
9. TITANIUM will not be allowed on chassis construction, front and rear axles, steering arms and torsion arms, bumpers and nerf bars, or brake rotors.
10. No mirrors, radios or communication equipment allowed. No on-board computers, or any computer-adjustable devices allowed.
11. No carbon fiber or composite materials allowed, including brake rotors and other parts, with the exception of All Star approved carbon fiber wheels and wing caps.
12. All Star approved Schoenfeld muffler (part #112535) is mandatory at tracks that have a muffler rule. (See schedule.)
13. Driver's seat must be bolted in with four bolts - no dzus buttons. Fuel/fume deflector mandatory. Must be wider than driver's seat, extend from floor pan, underneath seat and then turn up behind seat.
14. A protective rock screen must be installed in front of driver, with no larger than 4" square opening. Roll cage must have protective padding, according to All Star specifications.
15. Flame retardant driver suit and gloves are required. Arm restraints and 5-point hitch 3" wide seat belts are required. Driver must wear full face Snell approved helmet any time car is fired off.
16. (New) SUGGESTED SAFETY EQUIPMENT Driver suit be a minimum of two layers. Underwear, head sock, gloves, foot socks and shoes should all be flame retardant. Neck collars. Head rest padding. Right headnet or support. Headnet equipped with a quick release capability. Knee pads or padded steering.
17. Any car determined unsafe by All Star officials will not be allowed to race.