Club Racing Department Update; New Staff, Runoffs Entries and More TOPEKA, Kan. (June 2, 2006) -- Now halfway through the 2006 SCCA Club Racing season, the department has been busy preparing for the 43rd annual National Championship Runoffs,...
Club Racing Department Update; New Staff, Runoffs Entries and More
TOPEKA, Kan. (June 2, 2006) -- Now halfway through the 2006 SCCA Club Racing season, the department has been busy preparing for the 43rd annual National Championship Runoffs, working toward new certification process for Time Trials and welcoming in new staff member Deanna Flanagan.
- Deanna Flanagan joins the department as Club Racing Manager and will oversee insurance, post-event reports and volunteer management for the Runoffs. A former SCCA staff member in both accounts payable and risk management, she moves over to the Club Racing department after recently completing her MBA at Washburn University in Topeka.
- The Club Racing Department has been somewhat reorganized with the new hire. With Flanagan concentrating on insurance, post-even reports and Runoffs volunteer management, Club Racing Events Manager Wyndi McCormick is now focused primarily on program competition elements in addition to the Runoffs.
- Runoffs entries stand just shy of 400 today, up more than 50 percent from this time last year, despite opening registration one month later.
- Planning and implementation of Time Trials licensing and forms is progressing. Of note, Giant's Despair celebrates its 100th birthday with the run up the side of the mountain outside of Wilkes-Barre, Pa. July 7-9.
- SCCA Club Racing recently held its first Nationally-sanctioned event (Co-sanctioned between Utah and Colorado regions) at Miller Motorsports Park over Memorial Day weekend.
To view the SCCA National Championship Runoffs entry list, and all other pertinent information, visit the Runoffs home page at www.scca.com/Event/Event.asp?Ref=06-runoffs.