DENVER, CO: Fifth round (of nine) for the 2000 season. A record 115 SCCA and FIA Performance Rally cars are slated to start the Maine Forest SCCA ProRally; competing on fast but rocky dirt and gravel lumber roads of the Mead Paper Company, ...
DENVER, CO: Fifth round (of nine) for the 2000 season. A record 115 SCCA and FIA Performance Rally cars are slated to start the Maine Forest SCCA ProRally; competing on fast but rocky dirt and gravel lumber roads of the Mead Paper Company, International Paper Company and Seven Islands Land Company in western Maine, near the New Hampshire border. This event is sanctioned by the Sports Car Club of America.
When & Where:
July 28-29, 2000; Rumford, ME; approximately 75 miles (115 kilometers) north of Portland, ME.
Linnell Motel, 986 Prospect Ave (Just off US Route 2 West), Rumford, ME 04276
<pre> Schedule: (subject to change) Thursday, 27 July, 2000 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Entrant and Media registration at Linnell Motel Pavilion 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Scrutineering - AutoTech Service Center - east of Linnell Motel, Rt 2 Friday, 28 July, 2000 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM Entrant and Media registration at Linnell Motel Pavilion 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM Scrutineering - Rumford Town Garage - west of Linnell Motel, Rt 2 9:45 AM - 11:30 AM Press Stage - caravan departs at 9:45 sharp - Linnell Motel 2:00 PM Parc Expose - downtown Rumford corner of Portand and Congress streets 3:40 PM Start of Maine Forest ProRally Leg One 8:00 PM Approximate first car arrival - Finish of Leg One - Linnell Motel 8:30 PM Entrant and worker party - credentialed Press & VIP invited - Linnell Motel 10:00 PM Unofficial Leg One scores posted - Linnell Motel
Saturday, June 03, 2000 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM Press Room open, Late Press Registration 8:30 AM Restart of Maine Forest Rally - Leg Two - Thurston Lot - west of Linnell 12:00 noon Lunch Break and Service - Oquossoc 6:00 PM Approximate first car arrival - Finish of Leg Two - Downtown Rumford 7:00 PM-8:00 PM Special Rumford In-Town Stage 9:00 PM Banquet - American Legion Hall - Rumford 10:30 PM Final results posting; Awards and Prize Giving -American Legion - Rumford
SCCA ProRally Championship - Maine Forest Selected entries (driver/co-driver):
· 1999 Production Drivers Champion, and overall winners of the 2000 Rim of the World and Susquehannock Trail events, Karl Scheible and Russ Hughes, FIA Gr N 98 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V.
· 1999 Overall Manufacturer, Driver & Co-Driver Champions Noel Lawler & Charles Bradley; SCCA Open Class 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
· 2000 Sno-Drift & OregonTrail ProRally overall winners Paul Choinere & Jeff Becker; SCCA Open Class 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
· Canadian Performance Rally stars Frank and Dan Sprongl, 1993 Ford Escort Cosworth - 2000 season; USA debut for the team, and their first without their Audi Quattro coupe in many years.
· Lon Peterson, with co driver Bill Gutzman, and Jonathan Ryther, all from California, will debut two identically prepared Open Class 2000 Subaru Impreza Turbos in SCCA ProRally competition.
· 1999 Rim of the World overall winners Garen & Doc Shrader; 1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV
· 1999 Group 5 Driver and Co-Driver Champions Henry and Cindy Krolikowski - 98 Subaru Impreza WRX-STi
· 1998 Group 5 Driver Champion Ralph Kosmides with Ken Cassidy; 1996 Toyota Supra turbo
· The Maine Forest ProRally features one of the few spectator tarmac stages in the country, this one running through the center of historic downtown Rumford. The stage is also the final stage of the event, and brings some of the largest spectator crowds of any USA based rally.
· The Manufacturers' Championship continues at a wide open pace, with the 2nd consecutive overall victory of Karl Scheible's Group N Mitsubishi Lancer V at June's Susquehannock Trail placing Mitsubishi in a even points heat with perennial favorite Hyundai. Subaru, with a total of eleven Subaru Imprezas entered in three different classes, (a record number of entries for that manufacturer) is certain to build on their points, putting them within striking distance of either Hyundai or Mitsubishi.
· Perry King, television star and a SCCA road racing veteran; will be trying SCCA Performance Rally for the first time, driving Hyundai's Production class Tiburon.
This rally is a full points SCCA ProRally Championship event. Drivers earn points towards the national championship, and supporting manufacturers (Hyundai, Toyota, Subaru and Mitsubishi) earn points towards overall and class Manufacturers' Championships.