BFGoodrich* Tires At A Glance - Trans-Am Series Paul Gentilozzi wins Trans-Am Series 100 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course * Gentilozzi Dominates at Mid-Ohio - Paul Gentilozzi, in his Jaguar XKR, started from the pole and led every lap to win...
BFGoodrich* Tires At A Glance - Trans-Am Series
Paul Gentilozzi wins Trans-Am Series 100 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
* Gentilozzi Dominates at Mid-Ohio - Paul Gentilozzi, in his Jaguar XKR, started from the pole and led every lap to win today's Trans-Am Series 100 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, the ninth race of the Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup. Gentilozzi secured his fourth win this season and his third career win at Mid-Ohio. Justin Bell finished second and Boris Said finished third after a spirited battle between the two drivers. Bell finally passed Said with only four laps remaining to secure his highest finishing position in his rookie campaign in Trans-Am. Rounding out the top five were Leighton Reese and Michael Lewis.
* BFGoodrich Tires Fast Late in Race - 18 of the 30 competitors who completed more than 11 laps, all using BFGoodrich* g-ForceTM T/A* radial tires, recorded their fastest race lap in the final half of the race. Gentilozzi set his fastest lap time on lap 43. "Once again the BFGoodrich Tires held up great and lasted the entire race," said third place finisher Boris Said.
* Gentilozzi Increases Lead in Battle for BFGoodrich* Tires Cup - With his fourth win this season, Paul Gentilozzi increased his lead in the chase for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup, the season-ending award presented to the Trans-Am Series Driver's Champion. Gentilozzi leads the BFGoodrich Tires Cup point standings with 252 points. Johnny Miller currently stands in second with 219 points and Brian Simo is in third with 199 points. Other challengers include Tommy Archer with 176 points and Michael Lewis with 168 points.
* BFGoodrich* Tires "Take Control" Award - In addition to winning the race, Paul Gentilozzi won the BFGoodrich* Tires "Take Control" Award for leading the most laps in today's race...Gentilozzi led all of the 45 laps. For his efforts, he received a free set of BFGoodrich g-Force T/A radials.
* Variety Present in Fast Five - During Friday's qualifying session at Mid-Ohio, five different marques finished in the Fast Five for the first time this season. Paul Gentilozzi took the pole in his Jaguar XKR, followed by Tommy Archer, Dodge Viper; Tony Ave, Qvale Mangusta; Justin Bell, Chevrolet Corvette and Boris Said, Panoz Esperante. "To have five different brands with five outstanding drivers is wonderful for the Trans-Am Series," said Gentilozzi after qualifying.
* Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup, Round Ten - The Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich Tires Cup heads back to the west coast, September 7-8, to compete at the Laguna Seca Raceway as part of the Monterey Sports Car Championship. A support race for the American Le Mans Series, Laguna Seca will be the third and last mandatory fuel pit stop race of the 2001 Trans-Am Series schedule.