Pergusa, 4.00 p.m. The end of the longest day! Chequered flag for the 4th edition of the 24 hours of Sicily. A fantastic Porsche 996: from the pole position to the podium leading a race where, among the entrants, run Lamborghini, Ferrari, BMW,...
Pergusa, 4.00 p.m. The end of the longest day!
Chequered flag for the 4th edition of the 24 hours of Sicily.
A fantastic Porsche 996: from the pole position to the podium leading a race where, among the entrants, run Lamborghini, Ferrari, BMW, Alfa Romeo and more.
Sicilian four mosqueteers Guagliardo-Riolo-Commis-Ceraulo with their yellow and white Porsche 996 GT3 RS on the top of the race since the first lap. They run 622 laps, covering a distance of 3.079 km, at an average speed of 128.245 km/h, fighting against time and nerves across the longest Sicilian night .
Second position, with a delay of 35 laps, for BMW M3 driven by Scionti-Bisegna-La Barbera-Geraci.
Pergusa (Enna) Sunday March 21st - the fourth edition of the 24 hours of Sicily has come to an end, confirming its fame of hard circuit with 20 classified cars out of the 37 included in the starting grid. The hard Sicilian track has proclaimed The Porsche 996 GT3 RS of ESSELLE Team as the Queen of the race. Running at a regular speed for 622 laps, the Porsche has dominated the race leaving the BMW M3 a 35 laps behind it.
The AVG MOTOR SP Team Renault Clio reached an excellent third position, thanks to a group of pilots (Alba-Barone-Affronto-Alba ) able to save energies during the many driving hours and capable to keep the position till the very last lap.
Thanks to the number of top level cars involved and due to the class pilots who took place in this fourth edition of the 24 hours of Sicily, we can affirm that this one has been the most exciting edition than ever.
Unofficial final race results:
1. PORSCHE 993 GT3 RS (Guagliardo-Riolo-Commis-Ceraulo) 622 laps in 24h00'28"146, average speed 128,245 km/h
2.BMW M3 E46 ( Scionti-Bisegna-La Barbera-Geraci) 35 laps
3. RENAULT CLIO RS ( Alba-Affronto-Barone-Alba) 58 laps
4. CITROEN SAXO (Motta-Sapuppo-Consoli-Foti) 114 laps
5. OPEL ASTRA (Certisi-Cannata-Avara-Alessi) 117 laps
6. FIAT STILO ABARTH (Purpura-Alletto-Finiocchiaro-Di Benedetto) 129 laps
7. RENAULT MEGANE (Gruttadauria-Lombardo-Lipani-Scancarello) 136 laps
8. OPEL CORSA (Di Gregorio-Pollarolo-Filippone-Crescenti) 136 laps
9. RENAULT CLIO (Giunta-Tusa-Piastra-Di Lorenzo) 149
10. OPEL CORSA (Palazzolo-Praavatà-Pizzurro) 161 laps. .