DODGE MOTORSPORTS STARS AT NEW SALT LAKE ROAD COURSE Robb Holland Joins Dodge Family in the 3R Racing Dodge SRT4 TOOELE, Utah (June 14, 2006) -- Salt Lake welcomes SCCA racing this weekend on the recently built Miller Motorsports Park, where...
DODGE MOTORSPORTS STARS AT NEW SALT LAKE ROAD COURSE
Robb Holland Joins Dodge Family in the 3R Racing Dodge SRT4
TOOELE, Utah (June 14, 2006) -- Salt Lake welcomes SCCA racing this weekend on the recently built Miller Motorsports Park, where the 4.5-mile 24-turn road course will host both the SPEED World Challenge GT and Touring series this weekend.
Eight Dodge Vipers and three Dodge SRT4s will take to the challenging course, which is expected to generate high speeds both at the end of the long main straight and through the daunting sequences on the East side of the course. While the course is essentially flat, the track designers incorporate several significant elevation changes to add challenge for the competitors and great sightlines for the fans.
Representing Dodge in the GT series this weekend are:
* Tommy Archer in the No. 5 c3controls/Dodge Motorsports Viper, 8th in the standings
* Mike McCann in the No. 82 McCann Plastics/K&N Filters Dodge Viper, 4th in the standings
* Bob Woodhouse in the No. 13 Woodhouse Auto Family Dodge Viper, 6th in the standings
* Rob Foster in the No. 17 LTI Contracting/Race Craft Dodge Viper, 9th in the standings
* Ritch Marziale in the No. 56 All-Cut Concrete Cutting Dodge Viper, 23rd in the points
* Kyle Foster in the No. 83 Dodge Viper, 24th in the points
* Skip Sauls in the No. 96 3R Racing Dodge Viper, 13th in the points
* Brett Pearson in the No. 77 Ventex Corp./Pearson Motorsport Dodge Viper, 20th in the points
Dodge sits third in the GT series manufacturer standings, just one point out of second. After a strong finish at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif., the outlook is positive for this weekend.
"Dodge is looking forward to the SPEED World Challenge race at Miller Motorsports Park since we've done extensive testing at this beautiful new facility," said Gary Johnson, road racing manager for Dodge Motorsports. "We think we might have a leg up on the competition. The long, fast, smooth course should be ideal for the Vipers in the GT class, and in the Touring class our turbo-charged SRT4s should make good power at the high-altitude track."
In the Dodge SRT4s, the banner will be carried by Brian Smith in the No. 13 Woodhouse Performance Dodge SRT4 and Dan Aweida driving the No. 66 3R Racing Dodge SRT4, both rookies in the series, as well as new Dodge team member Robb Holland, who unveiled his new 3R Racing-built Dodge SRT4.
"We're excited to have a new Dodge driver, Robb Holland, in the race," added Johnson. "He has traded his other car for a stunning 3R Racing-prepped SRT4 and should be running quickly with his teammate Dan Aweida."
This weekend, the Dodge Vipers will practice on Friday morning and qualify at 12:50 p.m. Mountain time. The Dodge SRT4s practice and qualify on Friday, too, with qualifying set for 12:15 p.m.
The SPEED World Challenge Touring race will air on SPEED on Saturday, July 22 at 3 p.m. ET followed by the GT series race at 4 p.m. ET.