JEFF COURTNEY QUOTES: "I like the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course. The track just seems to suit me. My first pro-race win came there in the Panoz Series, so I guess I have a soft spot for it. I think it's a great track. "I would love to be able to...
JEFF COURTNEY QUOTES:
"I like the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course. The track just seems to suit me. My first pro-race win came there in the Panoz Series, so I guess I have a soft spot for it. I think it's a great track.
"I would love to be able to get my best/start finish combination of the season again this year at Mid-Ohio. I'm comfortable with this facility, but we did some testing this week and I had a long talk with Rick Maxwell about what he thought about this track with our cars, and in the past it really has not been a Viper friendly race track. It doesn't have the long, high-speed sweepers that are good for a Viper. So as much as I say yes we are going to go after it this week and get our best finish because it is a track I am comfortable with, there are still limitations with the Viper. But we have realistic goals of a top-10 this weekend.
"You ask me about how I feel about my finishes so far this season, and I say to you, well, it's the best we could do with what the series is allowing us. I don't want to cry sour grapes, that's not the way I am, but when the facts are facts and they're documented, it gets a little stale that nothing's being done about it. I want to run up front just like everybody else does, and I think we're doing things smart as a team, I'm doing things smart as a driver, trying to keep the car clean, get good finishes, stay out of trouble, but the reward isn't there because we aren't allowed to be competitive.
"Kenda Tires' U.S. headquarters is located in Columbus, Ohio so I'm very excited to have some people from the Kenda headquarters come out to the race. I don't know how many dealers there will be, somewhere around 100, but its great to have them come out and support the car and see what we're all about. I'm going to go up and visit them on Sunday before the race, sign some autographs and express how much we appreciate their support before I hop into the No. 99 Kenda Tires/ProMPI Dodge Viper Competition Coupe. "
* This will be Courtney's second SPEED World Challenge Series start at the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course. Last year, he posted his best start/finish combination of the season in Touring Car series competition at Mid Ohio, starting eighth and finishing fourth.
* Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course is the site of Courtney's first career pro-race win, which came in the Panoz Series.
* Kenda Tires will be hosting 100 of their dealers and distributors for the Mid-Ohio Race weekend, on hand to watch the No. 99 Kenda Tires/ProMPI Dodge Viper in action in round seven of SPEED World Challenge competition. It is a home town race for them, as their U.S. headquarters is located in nearby Columbus, Ohio.
* In Round six of 2007 SPEED World Challenge GT competition at the GP of Toronto July 8, Courtney posted his fourth top-15 finish of the season with an 11th place finish.
* Courtney remains 10th in the SPEED World Challenge GT Series championship standings, after gaining 15 points with his 11th place finish in Toronto. He is 14 points ahead of 11th place James Soforonas and nine points out of the ninth position.
* Courtney, appropriately nicknamed 'Mr. Consistency", has posted four top-15, one top-10 and one top-five finish in the first six rounds of 2007 SPEED World Challenge GT Series Competition.