Wednesday Test Day Notes from Road America - No. 59 Green missed the morning session as the team repaired damaged suffered at a seperate event just prior to the test day. - No. 6 Kasemets broke in new pistons early in the morning session. -...
Wednesday Test Day Notes from Road America
- No. 59 Green missed the morning session as the team repaired damaged suffered at a seperate event just prior to the test day.
- No. 6 Kasemets broke in new pistons early in the morning session.
- No. 25 Brinkmann had a big engine failure. The team replaced the engine and was out in the afternoon session.
- No. 12 Constantine suffered electrical problems throughout the day and was never able to post a quick time.
- No. 26 Fierberg went off course numerous times during morning session, but suffered no significant damage.
- No. 69 Asaro spun in the afternoon session exiting Canada corner and made light impact with tire barrier and slightly damaged the left rear corner of the car.
- No. 81 Russo crashed hard into the tire barrier damaging the front nose box, master cylinders and right front corner.
- No. 82 Harrison pulled off late in the afternoon session after the shims in the left rear corner came loose.
- No. 89 LaPoint suffered an oil leak late in the afternoon session. No engine damage was reported.
- No. 69 bent a valve in the engine late in the session.
- No. 5 Luyendyk Jr. broke his rear diffuser late in the session and was reported to be smoking.
<pre> Top-10 Times from Test Day
LaPoint 2:15.723* Asaro 2:15.930* Gray 2:15.952* Kasemets 2:16.225* Dyer 2:16.492* Bell 2:16.764 Green 2:16.803 Dana 2:16.981 Dismore 2:17.241
* Better than existing lap record
All top-10 times were set in the afternoon session.