Formula Ford 2000 Zetec Championship Test Notes from Mid-Ohio - The Formula Ford 2000 Zetec Championship ran three half-hour test sessions Thursday, as part of the promoters test day, in preparation for Rounds Nine and Ten, at the CART Grand...
Formula Ford 2000 Zetec Championship Test Notes from Mid-Ohio
- The Formula Ford 2000 Zetec Championship ran three half-hour test sessions Thursday, as part of the promoters test day, in preparation for Rounds Nine and Ten, at the CART Grand Prix of Mid-Ohio.
- The first session got underway at 8:30 a.m. local time, under sunny and warm conditions.
- 24 cars are took part in the session, with 3 newcomers to the Mid-Ohio course.
- Early in the session, the black flag was displayed, halting the session, when No. 10 Hunt got stuck in the gravel trap exiting Thunder Valley.
- Late in the session, testing was halted twice for No. 27 Fierberg going into the travel trap and No. 28 Pecorari stalling on course.
- The second session commenced at 11:00 a.m., under similar weather conditions to the first session.
- Drivers reported the track was getting better as the session progresses. In the first session the track was very dirty.
- Midway through the session, the black flag was shown for No. 8 Baltzer, who went off-course with a suspension failure.
- At the end of the session the leaders had posted times approximately half a second quicker than the first session.
- During the lunch it steadily became more overcast with the winds increasing.
- In the session prior to the final Zetec Championship test session, it began to rain quite hard.
- At the commencement of the session the track was very wet with a light rain still falling.
- All the cars that went on track had rain tires on.
- No. 6 McDonough and No. 12 Gue remained on pit lane for the entire session with slick tires.
- Midway through the session, testing was halted, when No. 27 Fierberg went off-course and became stuck in the gravel trap.
- The Zetec Championship will have one practice session Friday morning prior to qualifying for race one at 1:00 p.m., Friday, August 7.
Unofficial fast times from Thursday's Test
Session 2 Times
A. Prendeville 1:25.526
D. Prendeville 1:26.273