Formula Ford 2000 Zetec Championship Monday test notes at Mid-Ohio - The Formula Ford 2000 Zetec Championship began two days of testing at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course Monday. The test is being run in preparation for Rounds Five & Six at ...
Formula Ford 2000 Zetec Championship Monday test notes at Mid-Ohio
- The Formula Ford 2000 Zetec Championship began two days of testing at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course Monday. The test is being run in preparation for Rounds Five & Six at Mid-Ohio, June 28-29.
- Testing began at 8 a.m. under cloudy skies, with light rain and strong winds.
- During the first hour of testing no race cars went on course, as the rain intensified, however several drivers went on course with their rental cars.
- At approximately 9:30 a.m., the first cars went on course.
- No. 59 Bass is attending his first Zetec sanctioned event.
- In the early stages of the morning session the track is still damp with several wet patches.
- No. 24 D. Prendeville is running without an engine cover.
- Early in the session, No. 86 Brumbaugh goes off course exiting turn seven, hitting the tire barrier. The car has damage to the right front and rear suspension. The driver is uninjured.
- Several cars have spun off course in the slick conditions.
- With the track starting to dry, the morning session ended, when No. 59 spun and became high-sided on the front straight.
- The afternoon session began with the track steadily drying.
- No. 19 Festa briefly halted the session when he spun and became high-sided.
- By 2 p.m. the track is becoming dry with several drivers running slick tires.
- After approximately a half hour of dry running, it has begun to rain heavily again.
- Very few drivers went on course for the next hour, as the track is very wet with large puddles.
- Late in the day it has stopped raining, but the track remains damp.
- Near the end of the day, the session was briefly halted, when No. 24 spun off course and became stuck in a gravel trap.
- No. 24 rejoined the test at the end of the afternoon session.
- The second day of testing begins at 8:00 a.m., Tuesday, May 13.
Unofficial times from Monday's Test
Charlie Kimball 1:30.537
Steve Welk 1:31.749
Jonathan Bomarito 1:31.764
Craig Baltzer 1:31.948
Tonis Kasemets 1:32.453
Doug Prendeville 1:33.300
Lawson Aschenbach 1:33.734
Ian Bass 1:33.764
Chris Festa 1:34.723
Adam Pecorari 1:35.038
Andrew Prendeville 1:35.133
Andy Brumbaugh 1:43.837