* Best in the Desert is very proud to have been selected by the Pro Dirt group to race with us for the Terrible's Town "250" and the Nevada "1000" events and the Pro 10 group is racing with us for the Las Vegas "200". We are very excited and very...
* Best in the Desert is very proud to have been selected by the Pro Dirt group to race with us for the Terrible's Town "250" and the Nevada "1000" events and the Pro 10 group is racing with us for the Las Vegas "200". We are very excited and very proud to have the Pro Dirt and Pro 10 racers with us.
* Best in the Desert is also very proud to have been selected by the Protruck Racing Organization to race the entire 2002 "Silver State Series". We are very excited to have the Protruck teams with us. The Protrucks are great trucks and the Protuck Racers are an enthusiastic group of racers.
* Ford Trucks, The Official Truck of Best in the Desert, is offering a contingency for the 2002 "Silver State Series." We'll make an announcement as soon as we know the contingency amount. We are very proud to have Ford Trucks as a sponsor of Best in the Desert.
* Best in the Desert is also proud to announce that Event Photo, Kodak Sports Photography Team, is now the "Official Photographer of Best In The Desert." We are proud to have Rick Lewis and Event Photo as part of the great sponsor team of Best in the Desert.
2002 "Silver State Series" Events
Terrible's Town "250"
"The Richest Off-Road Race in Nevada"
The first event, with a full compliment of off-road race vehicles, of the 2002 "Silver State Series" may very well be the biggest race of the year. This new 265-mile course will offer many new challenges for you. Once again, the Herbst Family is offering the additional $40,000 guaranteed purse. They also sponsor an awesome outdoor barbecue after the race, which adds to the camaraderie at the finish line. There will no impound of race vehicles, there will be seven (7) pits for Motorcycles & Quads and eight (8) pits for Cars and Trucks with easy access for your support crews, the Pre-Fun Run is a two-day event on March 9th and 10th, and the drawing for start positions for the Terrible's Town "250" is on March 15th, don't miss the draw.
Nevada "1000" - Presented by Ford Trucks
"1000 Miles of Adventure"
The Nevada "1000" will be a three-day staged event. Everyone loved the Nevada "2000" ~ if you missed it, now is your chance to participate, if you raced it, you know how great the experience was and now is your opportunity to do it again. There will be over 670 miles of brand new, never raced on course. The Nevada "1000" may very well be the most exciting event ever hosted by Best in the Desert. We at Best In The Desert are very proud to have Ford Trucks as the Title Sponsor of the Nevada "1000". The draw for start positions is May 31, don't miss the draw. There will be no Pre-Fun Run for this event.
Tonopah "300" *
"An Epic Nevada Off-Road Race"
Get ready for another new, exciting 300-mile off-road adventure with some of the best terrain in Nevada to race through. We are going to take you back in to the days of the old Frontier "500" and the Nevada "500" with a pit on the Main Street of Gabbs, Nevada. There will be six (6) pits with very easy access for your support crews. The draw for start positions is July 26th, don't miss the draw. The Pre-Fun Run is on July 20th and 21st.
Baja Mex "300" World Championship *
"A New Off-Road Adventure In Mexico"
The Baja Mex "300" is not only going to be a new adventure in Mexico but a new adventure for Best in the Desert as well. We have laid out an incredible course, with approximately 160 miles of new scenic course that has never been raced on. I think even the veteran Baja racer will be quite surprised with this new adventure in Mexico. The Baja Mex "300" will be run under the same rules as any Best in the Desert event held in the United States. The Baja Mex "300" will have an emphasis on safety above all. There will be seven (7) designated pits. The draw for start positions is September 20th, don't miss the draw. Sections of the course will be open for Pre-Running on September 25th.
* SPECIAL NOTE: Points for either Tonopah "300" or Baja Mex "300"
"I am not making someone race in Mexico that does not want to race in Mexico, so I am offering you a choice of either racing the Tonopah "300" or the Baja Mex "300" World Championship. If you race both events we are going to take your best finish. You will only receive points for one (1) of the races," said Casey Folks.
Las Vegas "200"
"A Showdown In The Desert"
There will be some major changes in the Las Vegas "200". We have lengthened the course for the Cars and Trucks to a 76-mile loop, raced three times around for a total of 228 miles. The Motorcycle and Quad course is a 65-mile loop, racing three times around for a total of 195 miles. There will be one (1) central pit for the MC, Quads, Cars and Trucks with one (1) alternate pit for the Motorcycles and Quads and two (2) alternate pits for the Cars and Trucks. The draw for start positions is on Nov. 22, don't miss the draw. The one-day
Pre-Fun Run, for C/T only is on Nov. 16th. It is going to be an exciting Best in the Desert Racing Year. Join Us.