TOP FUEL * Brandon Bernstein won his third event of the season in his fourth final round appearance of 2007, driving his Budweiser/Lucas Oil dragster to a 4.582-second finish at 320.51 mph. J.R. Todd finished second in his Skull Shine ...
* Brandon Bernstein won his third event of the season in his fourth final round appearance of 2007, driving his Budweiser/Lucas Oil dragster to a 4.582-second finish at 320.51 mph. J.R. Todd finished second in his Skull Shine dragster.
* It was Bernstein's 15th career win and his second at Topeka (2004).
* It was a tough first round for the top seeds, with points leader Rod Fuller, No. 1 qualifier Joe Hartley, Larry Dixon, Morgan Lucas, Bob Vandergriff, Melanie Troxel, Scott Palmer and Hillary Will all falling in the opening session.
* DNQ's for the event included: Alan Bradshaw, Mike Strasburg, Bobby Lagana Jr. and Doug Herbert.
* Sunday's opening line-up was set on three qualifying sessions after persistent rain and high humidity forced cancellation of Friday's first round.
* Brandon Bernstein moved ahead of Rod Fuller in the POWERade Series standings with a 56 point lead.
* Joe Hartley earned the NHRA Top Fuel Shootout award for qualifying No. 1 in his Hartley Racing dragster with a 4.518 and 323.12 run.
* Clay Millican and his Knoll-Gas dragster crew earned the Full Throttle Pit Crew Championship award.
* Mike Ashley drove his Torco/Skull Gear Dodge Charger to his first career win. It was Ashley's third career final round appearance.
* Ashley piloted his ride to a 4.896 at 310.70 over Head, who drove his Head Racing Toyota Solara to a 4.918 at 308.50.
* It was a tough first round for the top seeds, with racing legend John Force, Cruz Pedregon, Jerry Toliver, Kenny Bernstein, and Tommy Johnson Jr. all falling in the opening session.
* DNQ's included: Ron Capps, bringing his 56 race qualifying streak to an end, Tony Bartone, Tony Pedregon, Steve Macklyn
* Robert Hight earned the Skoal Showdown award for qualifying No.1 in his Auto Club Ford Mustang with a 4.754 and 320.66 run.
* Robert Hight and his Auto Club Ford Mustang crew earned the Full Throttle Pit Crew Championship award.
* Greg Anderson grabbed his fifth win of the season in his fifth final round appearance of 2007 with a 6.704-second run at 206.86 mph over Dave Connolly.
* First round loses include Richie Stevens Jr., Warren Johnson, Justin Humphreys, and Larry Morgan.
* DNQ's included: Jim Yates, Ron Krisher, Bill Windham, Craig Hankinson, Erica Enders.
* Greg Anderson earned the NHRA King Demon Crown award for qualifying No.1 in his Summit Racing Pontiac GTO with a 6.703 and 205.91 run.
* Coughlin defeated Veiri Gaines by a .0016-second margin of victory in the semifinal round of Pro Stock eliminations to earn the $1,000 Motel 6 "Who Got the Light" award.
* Connolly and his Torco/Slammers Chevy crew earned the Full Throttle Pit Crew Championship award.
Topeka: Gary Densham final summary
Topeka: Greg Anderson final summary
About this article
|Drivers||Doug Herbert , Clay Millican , Larry Dixon , Richie Stevens Jr. , Kenny Bernstein , Warren Johnson , Tony Pedregon , Tony Bartone , Ron Capps , Greg Anderson , Ron Krisher , Larry Morgan , Tommy Johnson , Cruz Pedregon , Melanie Troxel , Brandon Bernstein , Scott Palmer , Mike Strasburg , Alan Bradshaw , Morgan Lucas , Mike Ashley , Joe Hartley , Jerry Toliver , Robert Hight , Rod Fuller , Hillary Will , J.R. Todd , Bill Windham , Craig Hankinson|