Double Dose of Dixon at Cacklefest; Legendary Father and Son Drag Racers Gear Up for Saturday's Cacklefest at the 7th Holley NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion, June 20th BOWLING GREEN, KENTUCKY -- Get your double dose of Dixon at this year's Holley...
Double Dose of Dixon at Cacklefest; Legendary Father and Son Drag Racers Gear Up for Saturday's Cacklefest at the 7th Holley NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion, June 20th
BOWLING GREEN, KENTUCKY -- Get your double dose of Dixon at this year's Holley NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion! For the first time ever, father and son drag racing duo, Larry Dixon Sr. and Jr. will light up the night sky at Saturday's Cacklefest on June 20th. It'll be a memorable Father's Day Weekend for the Dixons when they both get push started down Beech Bend Raceway. Larry Dixon Sr. in his old Smirnoff car and Jr. in his dad's ride The Rattler. The annual crowd-pleaser and tear-jerker, Cacklefest is the time to see dozens of vintage, front-motored race cars push started and fired up just like they used to be in the day. The Cacklefest is a sight and sound guaranteed to bring tears to your eyes.
The 7th annual Holley National Hot Rod Reunion, June 19-21 at Beech Bend Park in Bowling Green, Ky., is a 3-day festival of speed, hot rods and American automotive enthusiasm. Produced by the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum, presented by the Automobile Club of Southern California and located in Pomona, Calif., the Reunion is part of the museum's "living history" philosophy, which works to bring to life the sights, sounds and people who made history in the early days of drag racing, land speed racing and the golden age of American car culture.
Unique among motorsports events, the Reunion honors some of the top names in hot rodding from the past and features a fabulous array of cool drag cars, street rods and customs of the historic and present-day hot rod eras.
Three-day spectator credentials are available for $55. Three-day spectator credentials include a pit pass, souvenir reunion program, dash plaque, and a commemorative laminated credential. Full event credentials will be available online at http://store.nhra.com through May 29, 2009. Single-day tickets will be sold at the gate each day of event.
Prices are inclusive of all fees, so no additional charges will be added to the published ticket price at online checkout. Admission is free for kids 15 and under accompanied by a ticketed adult. Tickets are also available by phone at 800/884-NHRA.
Those purchasing their credentials at least three weeks before the event receive significant added value including a "goodie" bag, Reunion program, commemorative dash plaque and a colorful and collectible laminated souvenir credential. Three-day credentials ($55 each) are available at 800/884-NHRA or online at store.nhra.com.
The Reunion features a wide variety of activities and events, including:
* Hot Heads vintage drag racing, featuring some the sport's most famous and historic cars and drivers, racing in such classes at Nostalgia Top Fuel, Altereds, Supercharged Gassers, Classic Super Stock, Hot Rods and others.
* Street rod Show 'n Shine, presented by SoffSeal, with thousands of gleaming pre-1972 hot rods, custom cars, classics and muscle cars. "Memory Lane" will have a display of nostalgic race cars with a Thursday night special Cruise In sponsored by Hot Hues by DuPont.
* National Hot Rod Reunion Reception, held at the Holiday Inn University Plaza's Bowling Green Convention Center ballroom on Friday evening, June 19. Open to everyone at no charge, it's a tribute to the Reunion's Grand Marshal and Honorees and a chance for fans to meet some of drag racing's heroes.
* Meet the Reunion's Grand Marshal, honorees and other drag strip legends at the Dynamic Legends VIP Tent, sponsored by Dynamat, all weekend long at the track.
* Cacklefest on Saturday evening, where nitro-burning historic, front-engine top-fuel dragsters and other classic race cars are push started just like in the "old days." Check out the Renegade Cackle Car display while at the track.
* The Reunion Midway is filled with manufacturer and commercial exhibits.
* A huge Swap Meet of used parts and other treasures.
* A separate amusement park with rides and games for all ages adjacent to the park.
The 7th annual National Hot Rod Reunion thanks its kind sponsors: Holley, Bowling Green Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, the City of Bowling Green, KY and the hundreds of fans and supporters.
Information, including a full activities schedule, entry forms and tickets, is available through the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum at museum.nhra.com.
Proceeds of the Holley Hot Rod Reunion benefit the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum. Celebrating its 11th anniversary and named for the founder of the National Hot Rod Association, the Parks Museum presented by the Automobile Club of Southern California houses the very roots of hot rodding. Scores of famous vehicles spanning American motorsports history are on display, including winning cars representing 50 years of drag racing, dry lakes and salt-flat racers, oval track challengers and exhibits describing their colorful backgrounds.
The Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum is open Wednesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., PST. Current NHRA members are admitted free and Auto Club members enjoy a $2 discount. Admission for non-members is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors 60 and older, $5 for juniors six through 15, and free for children under the age of five. The Museum is also available for special group tours. The Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum is located at Fairplex Gate 1, 1101 W. McKinley Ave. in Pomona. For further information on special exhibits, museum events or directions, call 909/622-2133 or visit museum.nhra.com.