* Del Worsham is fifth in the NHRA Full Throttle Funny Car point standings; he trails fourth place by 15 points and leads sixth place by two points. Worsham finished seventh in the 2009 season-ending standings. It was his first appearance in the...
* Del Worsham is fifth in the NHRA Full Throttle Funny Car point standings; he trails fourth place by 15 points and leads sixth place by two points. Worsham finished seventh in the 2009 season-ending standings. It was his first appearance in the Countdown to 1 NHRA Playoffs.
* Worsham was the No. 2 qualifier at last weekend's NHRA Winternationals. He defeated Jeff Arend before losing to Jack Beckman in the second round of eliminations. Worsham won three races last season; he visited victory circle in Madison, Ill., Bristol, Tenn. and Richmond, Va.
* Worsham won the Phoenix event in 2002 and '04. One year ago at Firebird International Raceway, Worsham was the No. 4 qualifier; he defeated Cruz Pedregon and Robert Hight before losing to event winner Ron Capps in the semifinals.
* The Al-Anabi Racing Toyota Camry Solara Funny Car also has a new paint scheme for the 2010 season. The familiar maroon and gold from last year's body has been replaced with a maroon paint scheme with silver, black and gold accents. The Al-Anabi Racing team transporters reflect a similar pattern. In addition, the words Al-Anabi Racing are now displayed inside an oval.
* Worsham has 25 wins in his Funny Car career; he is seventh on the NHRA's all-time Funny Car wins list trailing sixth place by just one win.
Worsham prior to Phoenix:
"Our Al-Anabi Toyota ran pretty well at Pomona, and I'm happy with our progress. When conditions were cool, the car was outstanding. We only got one qualifying run in the heat of the day, and the car didn't get down the race track. On Sunday, Dickie (crew chief Dickie Venables) made some great adjustments, and the car went right down the track in the first round. In the second round, we were running great but a mechanical failure ended our day. Still, it was a nice way start to the season for the Al-Anabi Racing Team.
"Having a whole year for the team to come together can make things so much better. Last year at this time, we were all still getting to know each other. Now, we've had a year together. Dickie (crew chief Dickie Venables) and Curt (assistant crew chief Curt Elliott) joined our team in August, and from that time, they've been making adjustments.
"Dickie and Kurt had the entire winter to massage the car and make their changes. They have made the changes they wanted to make so they're more comfortable with the parts set up and having the car built how they want it built. Now, Dickie will be able to make the adjustments he wants to make on race day so he should be even more effective."