NHRA PACIFIC DIVISION KICKS OFF SUMMIT SERIES DIVISION FINALS CHANDLER, Ariz. (Oct. 2, 2009) -- Day one kicked off for the NHRA Pacific Division Summit Racing Series Finals at Firebird Int'l Raceway where the top bracket racers in...
NHRA PACIFIC DIVISION KICKS OFF SUMMIT SERIES DIVISION FINALS
CHANDLER, Ariz. (Oct. 2, 2009) -- Day one kicked off for the NHRA Pacific Division Summit Racing Series Finals at Firebird Int'l Raceway where the top bracket racers in the division are competing for both team and individual honors along with a share of more than $30,000 in purse and contingency awards.
Racers in Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman, Motorcycle/Snowmobile, and High School made time trial runs today on the quarter mile with more than 500 drivers from 15 different NHRA Member Tracks competing. Defending Champions looking to repeat are the team from Infineon Raceway for the Team Championship, Chuck Phelps (Speedworld Dragstrip) in Super Pro, Dave Varner (Infineon Raceway) in Pro, Gary Ratcliffe (Barona 1/8th Mile Dragstrip) in Sportsman, and Dustin Vagedes (Auto Club Dragway) in Motorcycle.
Saturday's action will include final time trials along with the Race of Champions, a race within a race where the top points-earning drivers from each track square off in head-to-head competition. Race of Champion winners in the four major classes will advance to the NHRA AAA Finals in Pomona, Calif., and the chance to compete against the winner's from NHRA other six divisions for the Summit Racing Series National Championship.
Sunday will consist of final elimination rounds and the crowning of the Pacific Division Summit Racing Series event winners in all five classes.
Gates at Firebird Int'l Raceway open at 7 a.m. each day with racing beginning at 8 a.m. The track is located at 20000 S. Maricopa Road. Take I-10 to Maricopa Road, exit #162. For more information call the track, (602) 268-0200.
BELOW ARE TRACKS THAT PARTICIPATE IN THE SOUTHEAST DIVISION SUMMIT RACING SERIES FINALS:
- Albuquerque National Dragway; Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Auto Club Dragway at California Speedway, Fontana, California
- Auto Club Famoso Raceway, Bakersfield, California
- Barona 1/8th-Mile Drag Strip; El Cajon, California
- Firebird International Raceway; Chandler, Arizona
- Infineon Raceway; Sonoma, California
- Maui Raceway Park; Wailuku, Hawaii
- Redding Dragstrip; Redding, California
- Sacramento Raceway Park; Sacramento, California
- Samoa Dragstrip; Eureka, California
- Southwestern International Raceway; Tucson, Arizona
- Speedworld Dragstrip; Northwest Phoenix, Arizona
- The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway; Las Vegas, Nevada
- Top Gun Raceway; Fallon, Nevada
- Toyota Dragstrip at Irwindale; Irwindale, California