* With momentum building after a victory in Reading, Pa., Q Racing's Nitro Funny Car driver, Tony Pedregon, heads to Joliet, Ill. this weekend for the second time this season to compete in the Fifth annual Route 66 NHRA Nationals. The 2003 Funny...
* With momentum building after a victory in Reading, Pa., Q Racing's Nitro Funny Car driver, Tony Pedregon, heads to Joliet, Ill. this weekend for the second time this season to compete in the Fifth annual Route 66 NHRA Nationals. The 2003 Funny Car champion is looking forward another good weekend during the 20th race of the NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series schedule at Route 66 Raceway.
* Past successes at Route 66 Raceway, make it a favorite of Pedregon, who obtained victory here in 2002 and 2003. He was also the No.1 qualifier in 2002 and 2004.
"Route 66 Raceway is one of my preferred tracks on the circuit," said Pedregon. "I've had the privilege of winning there twice and would like to put the Q car in the winner circle for our second win of the season."
"My team and I have evaluated what we did right in Reading, and what we could have done better," Pedregon added. "We believe there is more left into our race car, we've just scratched the surface and now it's time to focus our efforts on repeating what we did at Maple Grove Raceway.
"We also need to continue with this level of intensity. The products we're using perform better than anything I've worked with before, therefore, evaluating every step we take is key to pin point the areas we need to improve, so we maintain our winning performance."
* Q Racing's improvement on consistency, performance and execution paid off during the first event of the final three-race swing of the 2005 NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series Season. Now Pedregon sets his sights on where he would like to take the Q team.
"I believe it is a big accomplishment for a company to come into this series dominated by other oil products and to believe we can go toe-to-toe with any other car or product. Q has proved that they can and my team has proven that we can win.
"To win one race this season, although somewhat modest, was a realistic goal," Pedregon explained. "Now we can take it even further and win more (races)."
* Besides the victory in Reading, Pa., Pedregon has qualified in the number one position in Pomona, Calif. and Chandler, Ariz. He also broke the elapsed-time record at Pomona Raceway with a4.681-second pass at 323.35mph. In Chandler, Ariz., Pedregon broke Firebird International Raceway's elapsed time record at 4.703 seconds.
At Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif., Pedregon wrapped up a third No. 1 qualifier, and set a new elapsed-time track record with 4.759 seconds. Pedregon heads to Route 66 9th in POWERade Funny Car points with 957.