TOP FUEL * Tony Schumacher, from Chicago, defeated Larry Dixon in a close final round. Schumacher's U.S. Army dragster edged Dixon's Skytel dragster at the finish line. * It was Schumacher's first victory of the season, his second victory at...
* Tony Schumacher, from Chicago, defeated Larry Dixon in a close final round. Schumacher's U.S. Army dragster edged Dixon's Skytel dragster at the finish line.
* It was Schumacher's first victory of the season, his second victory at this event and his 36th career win.
* With the victory, Schumacher moved into fourth on the all-time Top Fuel wins list, ahead of legendary "Big Daddy" Don Garlits.
* Dixon drove his SkyTel dragster to the No. 1 qualifying position with a performance of 4.510 seconds at 330.07 mph. It was Dixon's 27th No. 1 qualifying effort of his career and his first No. 1 since July 2005 (Seattle).
* Rod Fuller maintained the POWERade Series Countdown to the Championship lead, 39 ahead of Schumacher, who moved to second with his victory.
* Dixon's SkyTel team, led by crew chief Donnie Bender, won the Full Throttle Pit Crew Challenge award. Schumacher moved into the season lead.
* Ron Capps, from Carlsbad, Calif., raced to the victory over Phil Burkart. Capps powered his Brut Revolution Dodge Charger to the win with a performance of 4.773 seconds at 323.27 mph, while Burkart's machine finished in 4.876 at 316.75.
* It was Capps' first victory of the season, second consecutive at this event and 23rd of his career.
* Robert Hight raced to his 17th career No. 1 qualifying performance with a track-record time of 4.686 seconds at 331.94 mph. It was his second No. 1 of the season and second at Gainesville Raceway.
* Robert Hight held on to his POWERade Series Countdown to the Championship lead, and is now six points ahead of Capps.
* Capps' Brut Revolution Racing team, led by crew chief Ed "Ace" McCulloch, won the Full Throttle Pit Crew Challenge award. Capps also holds the season lead.
* Greg Anderson, from Charlotte, N.C., raced to the victory over Larry Morgan. Anderson powered his Summit Racing Pontiac GTO to a 6.577 at 211.06 to hold off Morgan's Lucas Oil Dodge Stratus, which slowed to an 8.076 at 118.24.
* It was Anderson's second victory of the season, 45th of his career and second at this track.
* Anderson raced to the 53rd No. 1 qualifying effort of his career, his second of the season and his fourth in a row at this event.
* Anderson posted a national elapsed time record of 6.536 in his Summit Racing Pontiac GTO, worth 20 bonus points. Anderson earned the maximum 138 points at this event, including 100 points for winning, 8 points for the No. 1 qualifying spot, 10 points for making a qualifying attempt and 20 for the national record.
* Anderson posted the first Pro Stock speed of more than 210 mph in NHRA history with his 211.20 mph speed during qualifying. Teammate Jason Line set the national speed record with a 211.69 mph effort.
* Larry Morgan defeated Dave Connolly by .0024-second margin of victory in the second round of Pro Stock eliminations to claim the $1,000 Motel 6 Who Got the Light Award.
* Anderson moved into the POWERade Countdown to the Championship lead by 103 points over teammate Line.
* Larry Morgan's Lucas Oil Racing team, led by crew chief Gary Pearman, won the Full Throttle Pit Crew Challenge award. Line holds the season lead.
PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE
* Karen Stoffer, from Minden, Nev., raced to the victory over Matt Smith. Stoffer used a holeshot start on her Geico Suzuki to hold off Smith's quicker Torco Racing Fuels Buell.
* Stoffer won three of her four round wins on holeshot starts.
* It was Stoffer's fourth career victory and first at this track.
* Angelle Sampey raced to the 40th No. 1 qualifying effort of her career, her third at this event. She earned the position with a national record elapsed time of 6.911 seconds on her U.S. Army Suzuki.
* Sampey's 40 No. 1 qualifying awards is the most for a female racer in NHRA history.
* Stoffer moved into the POWERade Countdown to the Championship lead by 17 points ahead of Smith. It is the first time Stoffer has led the POWERade points standings.
* Chip Ellis' Drag Specialties Buell team, led by crew chief Ken Johnson, won the Full Throttle Pit Crew Challenge award.
POWERADE FAN NATIONALS
* Ryan Langham, 15, of Fort Myers, Fla., won the third round of the NHRA POWERade Fan Nationals. Langham defeated hundreds of area fans, including five returning champions, to claim the victory, driving realistic POWERade Funny Car simulators. He/She will have the opportunity to race for the ultimate title of 2007 POWERade Fan Nationals Series champion in November at the 43rd Annual Auto Club NHRA Finals at historic Auto Club Raceway at Pomona in Southern California.