* After achieving a career best elapsed time at4.680 seconds in Joliet, Ill., Q Racing's Nitro Funny Car driver Tony Pedregon, heads to Ennis, Texas to compete in the postponed 20thAnnual O'Reilly NHRA Fall Nationals. The 2003 Funny Car champion...
* After achieving a career best elapsed time at4.680 seconds in Joliet, Ill., Q Racing's Nitro Funny Car driver Tony Pedregon, heads to Ennis, Texas to compete in the postponed 20thAnnual O'Reilly NHRA Fall Nationals. The 2003 Funny Car champion is ready for another good event during the 21st race of the NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series schedule at Texas Motorplex.
* Past successes and a big fan base, make Texas Motorplex a favorite of Pedregon who obtained victory here in 1999. He has also achieved No.1 qualifiers in 1996 and 2002, and was the runner-up in 2000.
"Because of my heritage, the Dallas track is close to home," Pedregon said. "My family is from El Paso, Texas and San Antonio and a lot of family, friends and fans come to see us. It is also not far from Q headquarters in Houston, and many folks from Q will be here to root for us as well.
"Dallas has always been a good track, even though we're somewhat at the mercy of weather conditions. Regardless of the weather though, this car is capable of getting down track."
* After the victory in Reading, Pa., and tying for the second best Funny Car elapsed time with Cruz (Pedregon) in Joliet, Ill., Pedregon talks about how he'd like to finish the 2005 NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series season.
"This car is starting to yield some results and now, we have two cars (the Q car and Cruz's Advance Auto Parts car) that are extremely competitive," added Pedregon. "I think our time has finally come and all the work we've put into this team is starting to pay off.
"We have three races to go and feel we have a chance to win any one of them. We're really happy that, now, we can go back to our sponsors and say that they have a team that can take out the competition."
* Besides the victory in Reading, Pa., and setting a second best elapsed time in the Funny Car category (4.860seconds) in Joliet, Ill., Pedregon has qualified in the number one position in Pomona, Calif. and Chandler, Ariz. He also broke the elapsed time record at Pomona Raceway with a 4.681-second pass at 323.35mph. In Chandler, Ariz., Pedregon broke Firebird International Raceway's elapsed time record at 4.703 seconds.
At Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif., Pedregon wrapped up a third No. 1 qualifier, and set a new elapsed-time track record with 4.759 seconds. Pedregon heads to Texas Motorplex 8th in POWERade Funny Car points with 1054.