JEGS Chef Nicky Morse Recipe of the Week (20 of 23) -Dallas, TX "The Big Show" Chicken Sandwich Team JEGS chef Nicky Morse has prepared meals for royalty, distinguished diplomats, and Ohio's ultra wealthy at the only four-star restaurant ...
JEGS Chef Nicky Morse Recipe of the Week (20 of 23) -Dallas, TX
"The Big Show" Chicken Sandwich
Team JEGS chef Nicky Morse has prepared meals for royalty, distinguished diplomats, and Ohio's ultra wealthy at the only four-star restaurant in Columbus, Ohio. He's cooked for country music's brightest stars as part of the support crew for CMT's "Showcase" program. He's mentored young apprentices at Ohio State University, and worked elbow-to-elbow with Wolfgang Puck to raise money for cancer research.
Now motorsport's most decorated chef will be opening his personal cookbook to race fans and members of the media by featuring one of his own creations each week of the 2007 NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series. Complete with step-by-step instructions, Morse will divulge a complete recipe on teamjegs.com and NHRA.comthat will allow budding cooks a chance to create a masterpiece of their own at home.
The recipe for this week is "The Big Show" Chicken Sandwich. This is a pretty easy recipe to make. It's packed with incredible flavors. You may wonder how all of these flavors fit together, but I promise you that they are a great combination.
"The Big Show" Chicken Sandwich
This is a pretty easy recipe to make. It is packed with incredible flavors. You may wonder how all of these flavors fit together, but I promise you that they are a great combination.
6 Each Boneless/ Skinless Chicken Breast (Single Lobe)
6 Slices Bacon (Thick sliced- Hickory Smoked)
Combine the following for the spice mix:
1/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
¼ Teaspoon Cumin (Ground)
¼ Teaspoon Garlic (Granulated)
½ Teaspoon Black Pepper (Fresh Ground- Telicherry)
½ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
½ Teaspoon Salt
- Wrap each piece of chicken with 1 piece of bacon
- Evenly sprinkle the spice mix on all sides of the chicken wrapped with the bacon
- Place the chicken on a greased rack
- Put the rack on a pan covered in foil. (You wrap the pan in foil because it is much easier to throw away the foil when you are done than it is to wash the burnt sugar off of the pan.)
- Bake the chicken at 350 degree Fahrenheit until the internal temperature of the chicken is 180 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remove the chicken and let it rest for 5 minutes
- The chicken is ready to slice for the sandwich
- I like to serve the chicken on a warm- soft grain bun with sliced tomatoes. And, Tatziki is a must!
For the Tatziki:
Tatziki is usually made with yogurt, but for this recipe I use sour cream
Combine all of the following ingredients together and chill until served:
1/4 Large-Cucumber (Peeled/ Seeded) - Take the cucumber meat and grate it fine- Sprinkle it with ½ teaspoon salt and let sit for 2 minutes. Strain all of the liquid out of the cucumber meat. Discard the liquid.
3 Tablespooons Red Onion (Fine Diced)
1 Large Cloves Garlic (Fresh- Minced)
2 Tablespoons Chives (Fresh/ Sliced thin)
¾ Cup Sour Cream
¼ Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
½ Teaspoons Lemon Juice (Fresh Squeezed)
¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper (Fresh Ground- Telicherry)
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
-credit: team jegs