NASCAR GRAND NATIONAL DIVISION, AUTOZONE WEST SERIES POST-RACE NOTES -- STOCKTON DODGE COUNTRY 200 presented by Havoline and NAPA Belts & Hose, AUG. 5 * David collects third and final Stockton win -- Mike David (No. 2 Bennett Lane Winery...
NASCAR GRAND NATIONAL DIVISION, AUTOZONE WEST SERIES POST-RACE NOTES -- STOCKTON DODGE COUNTRY 200 presented by Havoline and NAPA Belts & Hose, AUG. 5
* David collects third and final Stockton win -- Mike David (No. 2 Bennett Lane Winery Ford) won the Dodge County 200 presented by Havoline and NAPA Belts & Hose on his home track at Stockton 99 Speedway in the final visit by the NASCAR Grand National Division, AutoZone West Series to the historic quarter-mile oval in Stockton, Calif. The track is slated to close at the end of the season. The win gave David a sweep of the two series visits this year to Stockton. In addition, three of David's four overall career series victories came at Stockton. The fourth was the final event before last year's closure of Mesa Marin Raceway in Bakersfield, Calif.
* Holmes nabs another Budweiser Pole -- Sharing the spotlight in the final series event on his home track, Eric Holmes (No. 62 Sunoco Race Fuels/Paul Oil Chevrolet) captured his second consecutive Budweiser Pole Award and his third of the season, the most of any drivers in the series this season. He turned in a lap of 63.501 mph during qualifying.
* Close to first win, again -- Once again, Holmes came close to scoring his first career series win. His second-place finish at Stockton marked his fourth runner-up finish this year.
* Second top 10 -- A strong run at Stockton by Eric Hardin (No. 18 Hardin Buick-Pontiac-GMC/DSNTV Chevrolet) led to his second career top 10 finish, his first came at Stockton earlier this year.
* Championship battle remains close -- This year's championship battle continues to be one of the closest in the history of the series. David has taken a slim five-point margin over Holmes, 1,374 to 1,369; with leading Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender Peyton Sellers (No. 16 NAPA Auto Parts/NAPA Belts & Hose Chevrolet) 32 points back in third.
* Point standings differ for car owners -- The championship standings among the car owners differs slightly -- with Allen Beebe (No. 62 Sunoco Race Fuels/Paul Oil Chevrolet) leading with 1,427 points. Car owner Randy Lynch (No. 2 Bennett Lane Winery Ford) is second with 1,374 and Bill McAnally (No. 16 NAPA Auto Parts/NAPA Belts and Hose Chevrolet) is third with 1,342.
* Battle for rookie title -- Peyton Sellers continues to lead the challenge for this year's Sunoco Rookie of the Year Award. Sellers finished third at Stockton. It marked the fifth race this season in which he was the top finishing rookie.
* POWERade Power Move -- Tim Woods III (No. 54 Chino Hills Ford Ford) captured the POWERade Power Move of the Race Award at Stockton. Woods charged forward from 14th on the grid to finish sixth. At each Grand National Division event, POWERade presents the award to the driver who advances the most positions.
* Featherlite Most Improved -- In addition to winning the race, Mike David won the Featherlite Most Improved Driver Award at Stockton. David had finished eighth the week before at Monroe. Featherlite presents the award at each event to the driver who improves the most finishing positions from the previous event.
The fourth item in Post-Race Notes for Stockton mistakenly listed Eric Hardin's 10th-place finish as his first career top-10 finish. It was actually his second, with the first coming earlier this season in the first series visit to Stockton.