NASCAR GRAND NATIONAL DIVISION, WEST SERIES POST-RACE NOTES - PHOENIX ARIZONA CASINO 150, APRIL 21 * First career win . Burney Lamar's (No. 33 HPS/Groeniger Chevrolet) win in the Casino Arizona 150 at Phoenix International Raceway on ...
NASCAR GRAND NATIONAL DIVISION, WEST SERIES
POST-RACE NOTES - PHOENIX
ARIZONA CASINO 150, APRIL 21
* First career win . Burney Lamar's (No. 33 HPS/Groeniger Chevrolet) win in the Casino Arizona 150 at Phoenix International Raceway on Thursday, April 21, gave him his first career series victory in only his second NASCAR Grand National Division, West Series race. Team owner Kevin Harvick had five wins as a driver en route to winning the series championship in 1998.
* Under the lights . The West Series race at Phoenix marked the inaugural NASCAR race under the lights at the one-mile track.
* Another Bud . Mike Duncan (No. 9 Lucas Oil/Ron's Rear Ends Chevrolet) set the fast time in qualifying at Phoenix to win his second consecutive Bud Pole Award this year - the 11th of his career overall.
* High rookie marks . Two members of the freshman class competing for this year's Sunoco Rookie of the Year Award had career-best finishes at Phoenix. After qualifying second fastest, 18-year-old Spencer Clark (No. 26 Allegiant Air Ford) came home fifth. Andrew Myers (No. 44 Toyota of Escondido Chevrolet) qualified ninth and finished ninth, meanwhile. Another rookie, Andrew Lewis (No. 18 Cure Autism Now Chevrolet), also had a top-10 run going - until dropping back with a flat tire in the final laps.
* Strong Busch North showing . Two of the three drivers from the NASCAR Grand National Division, Busch North Series competing at Phoenix were in contention for the win. Ryan Moore (No 74 R.C. Moore Transportation Chevrolet) led 10 laps late in the event and was part of a three-car battle for the win on the final lap. Dale Quarterley (No. 32 Northeast Mortgage/EDART Chevrolet) also led 10 laps, earlier in the event.
* Featherlite Most Improved . Tim Woods III (No. 54 Chino Hills Ford Ford) garnered the Featherlite Most Improved Driver Award at Phoenix. Woods finished seventh, compared to his 17th-place finish at Bakersfield. Featherlite presents the award at each event to the driver who improves the most finishing positions from the previous event.
* POWERade Power Move . Scott Lynch (No. 08 Mr. Gas Dodge) advanced the most positions, from 19th to second, to win the POWERade Power Move of the Race Award. At each Grand National Division event, POWERade presents the award to the driver who advances the most positions.