NASCAR GRAND NATIONAL DIVISION, WEST SERIES POST-RACE NOTES - FONTANA RELOCATE HERE 200 Presented by San Bernardino County * Two out of three . Burney Lamar (No. 33 HPS/Groeniger Chevrolet) won the Relocate Here 200 presented by San...
NASCAR GRAND NATIONAL DIVISION, WEST SERIES POST-RACE NOTES - FONTANA
RELOCATE HERE 200 Presented by San Bernardino County
* Two out of three . Burney Lamar (No. 33 HPS/Groeniger Chevrolet) won the Relocate Here 200 presented by San Bernardino County at California Speedway in Fontana, Calif., on Friday, Sept. 2 - giving him victories in two of the three NASCAR Grand National Division, West Series races he has competed in this year.
* Familiar territory . Victory lane at California Speedway is familiar territory for Lamar's car owner, Kevin Harvick. As a driver in the West Series, he won a race at the two-mile track in 1998.
* Another Bud Pole for Gilliland . David Gilliland (No. 88 racecarceilingfans.com Chevrolet) won his second Bud Pole Award of the season with a fast-lap of 172.224 mph at Fontana.
* Good starts . Two drivers had a strong showing at California in making their first start in the West Series. Jorge Goeters (No. 77 King Taco/Cardenas Markets Ford) finished 10th and Rocky Moran Jr. (No. 22 Sunrise Ford/Trench Shoring/PTP Ford) finished 12th.
* Streak continues . Scott Lynch (No. 08 Harris Trucking/Mr. Gas Dodge) struggled early at Fontana, qualifying 16th. He was able to rebound to finish fourth, however - extending his string of consecutive top-five finishes this year to eight and giving him 11 straight top-10 finishes, dating back to October of last year. The effort at Fontana also resulted in Lynch winning his fourth POWERade Power Move of the Race Award this season. At each Grand National Division event, POWERade presents the award to the driver who advances the most positions.
* Featherlite Most Improved . Spencer Clark (No. 23 Allegiant Air/Rich's Motorsports Ford) won the Featherlite Most Improved Driver Award at Fontana. After being sidelined by mechanical woes to finish 19th at Pikes Peak International Raceway, he finished fifth at California. Featherlite presents the award at each event to the driver who improves the most finishing positions from the previous event.