WHAT: Stockton "125" Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring Race No. 4 WHERE: Stockton 99 Speedway, Stockton, Calif. 1/4-Mile Paved WHEN: Saturday, April 27, 2002 -- 9:00 p.m. PST DISTANCE: 125 Laps/31.25 Miles FIELD: 22 cars...
Stockton "125" Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring Race No. 4
Stockton 99 Speedway, Stockton, Calif. 1/4-Mile Paved
Saturday, April 27, 2002 -- 9:00 p.m. PST
125 Laps/31.25 Miles
FIELD: 22 cars possible. Fastest 16 cars through time trials with two (17th & 18th) provisional starting positions available to the top 30 drivers based on the current 2002 Featherlite Southwest Series point standings, who have not qualified for one of the original 16 starting positions, provided eligible drivers attempt to qualify. The 19th & 20th provisional starting positions are available to the top 30 car owners based on the current 2002 Featherlite Southwest Series point standings, who's cars have not qualified for one of the original 16 starting positions. The 21st & 22nd starting positions will be filled by the top two (2) highest finishing drivers from the Qualifying Race, electing to transfer.
Saturday, April 27
11:00 a.m. Registration & Inspections
1:00p.m. Mandatory Rookie Driver's Meeting
1:30 p.m. Drawing to determine Qualifying order
2:00 p.m.to 4:00 p.m. Practice
4:30 p.m. Mandatory driver's meeting
5:15 p.m. Time Trials (2 Laps). All positions
6:30 p.m. Mandatory Spotters Meeting
7:00 p.m. Trophy Dash
7:30 p.m. Qualifying Race
9:00 p.m. Stockton "125"
THE RACE TRACK:
Stockton 99 Speedway is a 1/4-mile paved oval track. <pre> RECORDS: Driver Date Speed Time QUALIFYING: Steve Johnson 5/19/90 68.017 mph 13.232 sec. RACE: 100-Laps Rick Carelli 5/9/92 57.034 mph 26 min. 18 sec. </pre> FEATHERLITE SOUTHWEST SERIES NOTES:
* Eddy McKean enters the Stockton "125" as the point leader over 2001 ROTY Burney Lamar.
* This is the first race for the Featherlite Southwest Series at Stockton since 1996. There have been 18 Featherlite Southwest Series events held at Stockton since 1986 and there are only five drivers with multiple wins with Ron Hornaday Jr. winning three times.
* Bob Lyon, Aqua Dulce, Calif., is the iron man of the series with 237 appearances.
* Doug McCoun has the longest active streak of consecutive seasons finishing in the top 10 in the final standings. McCoun has managed a top 10 final points finish nine straight years.
* The record for most different Bud Pole Award winners in a season is 13, set in 1997 and tied in 1998.
* Craig Raudman, the 2001 Featherlite Southwest Series champion, will run a limited schedule during 2002.
* Five Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring races will be televised on the SPEED Channel as part of NASCAR TV's Racing Across America series.
* Local Modesto, Calif. star Steve Belletto joins the 2002 Rookie-of-the-Year class that includes Dan Holtz, Brandon Whitt, Jason Allen, Greg Voigt, and Adam Andretti.
* A special driver autograph session will be held on Friday, April 26, 2002 at the Graduate Restuarant in Stockton Calif. The address is 2207 Country Club Blvd.and the phne number is 209/463-1669 Several of the top Feahterlite Southwest Series drivers will be on hand as wells two Featherlite Southwest Series racecars. Each fan will receive a Featherlite Southwest Series FAN Sticker!