Madera Speedway, Madera, Calif. SCHEDULE: Saturday, July 27 1:00p.m.-2:00p.m.- Practice 3:00-3:30 p.m. - Practice 4:45 p.m. - Time Trials (2 Laps). All positions 6:00 p.m. - Qualifying Race 6:30 p.m. - Trophy Dash 8:30 p.m. - Madera Auto ...
Madera Speedway, Madera, Calif.
Saturday, July 27
3:00-3:30 p.m. - Practice
4:45 p.m. - Time Trials (2 Laps). All positions
6:00 p.m. - Qualifying Race
6:30 p.m. - Trophy Dash
8:30 p.m. - Madera Auto Center/IWX "125"
FEATHERLITE SOUTHWEST SERIES NOTES:
* Eric Holmes is the defending race winner at Madera Speedway and won his second career Featherlite Southwest Series race this past weekend at Altamont Raceway Park. Holmes looks to for two in a row at Madera, a track where he has experience.
* Craig Raudman of Bakersfield, Calif., the 2001 Featherlite Southwest Series champion, will make only his second start of the 2002 season. Raudman is rebuilding his team this season for a run at the 2003 championship.
* Two-time series runner-up and fan favorite, Auggie Vidovich Jr. will miss the Madera event, instead he will be running the RE/MAX Challenge Series event at PPIR in order to get seat time on larger tracks for a NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series ride later this year.
* Through nine 2002 races, there have been 123 drivers earning championship points. There has not been a repeat winner, and only M.K. Kanke (2) and Burney Lamar (3) have multiple Bud Pole Awards. Lamar has also led the most laps so far this season 405 out of a possible 1093 or 37% of laps run.
* Sean Woodside had his championship hopes sidelined this past week after breaking his ankle. The injury required surgery to repair which forces Woodside to sit out 4-6 weeks. No word on who will fill in for the next few races.
* Eddy McKean of Jerome, Idaho continues to lead the point standings on the strength of one win, four top-5, and six top-10 finishes.
* Brandon Whitt continues to lead the Rookie-of-the-Year standings over Modesto star Steve Belletto.
* Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company has posted award tires for all the remaining events in 2002, which include 32 tires to be distributed to eligible Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring car owners per event.