Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring Race No. 11 of 14 Irwindale Speedway, Irwindale, Calif. TV: FOX Sports West (tape delayed) Air date- September 5, 2002 6pm PST SCHEDULE: Saturday, August 10 1:00-2:00 p.m./2:30-3:30 p.m. -- ...
Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring Race No. 11 of 14
Irwindale Speedway, Irwindale, Calif.
FOX Sports West (tape delayed)
Air date- September 5, 2002 6pm PST
Saturday, August 10
1:00-2:00 p.m./2:30-3:30 p.m. -- Practice
5:00 p.m. Time Trials (2 Laps). All positions
7:00 p.m. Trophy Dash
7:30 p.m. Qualifying Race
8:30 p.m. AUTO CLUB "150"
FEATHERLITE SOUTHWEST SERIES NOTES: * David Gilliland of Riverside, Calif. collected his first career Featherlite Southwest Series victory at Irwindale Speedway in June 2002. Gilliland has joined forces with Rich Fountain for the remainder of the 2002 season. Fountain owns the Centrifugal Technologies #11 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. Gilliland finished 5th at Altamont in July in his first start for Fountain.
* Craig Raudman of Bakersfield, Calif. will make his third Featherlite Southwest Series start of 2002 at Irwindale after winning the series championship in 2001. Raudman won the September 2001 event at Irwindale Speedway.
* M.K. Kanke is the only driver with more than one victory at Irwindale in 9 races held since the facility opened in 1999. Kanke scored two victories in 2001.
* Drivers celebrating birthdays in June are Doug McCoun (8/1), Clint Curry (8/5), Rocky Nash (8/7), Scott Shade (8/16), Burney Lamar (8/21), and Greg Voigt (8/25).
* Doug McCoun has the longest active streak of consecutive seasons finishing in the top 10 in the final standings. McCoun has managed top 10 finishes nine straight years.
* The record for most different Bud Pole Award winners in a season is 13, set in 1997 and tied in 1998.
* Former SLM Irwindale track champion Sean Woodside has been sidelined due to a broken ankle. He and his sponsor Lucas Oil look forward to getting back on track, they plan to return in October at Mesa Marin.
* Through 10 events this season, there have been 10 different winners, and 14 different winners dating back to last season.
* Jim Pettit II is on a hot streak with three straight top-10 finishes. Pettit has completed the most laps of any competitor this season with 1198 completed out of 1218 run.