UNITED POWER/TOUCHSTONE ENERGY "150" Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring Race No. 12 Colorado National Speedway, Erie, Colo. Saturday, August 17, 2002 -- 8:15 p.m. PST TV: SPEED Channel (Tape Delay) Broadcast-Monday, September 16, 2002...
UNITED POWER/TOUCHSTONE ENERGY "150"
Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring Race No. 12
Colorado National Speedway, Erie, Colo.
Saturday, August 17, 2002 -- 8:15 p.m. PST
SPEED Channel (Tape Delay)
Broadcast-Monday, September 16, 2002 8:00 pm EST
Saturday, August 17
12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. -- Practice
1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. -- Practice
3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. -- Practice
5:05 p.m. Time Trials (2 Laps). All positions
6:30 p.m. Qualifying race
7:00 p.m. Trophy Dash
8:15 p.m. United Power/Touchstone "150"
FEATHERLITE SOUTHWEST SERIES NOTES:
* Burney Lamar won his second career FSWS race in as many weeks last Saturday at Irwindale Speedway. The victory vaulted the 21 year old into second place in the point standings.
* Jim Pettit II of Prunedale, Calif. has collected four straight top-ten finishes to move into fourth position in the point standings.
* Drivers celebrating birthday's in august include: Doug McCoun (8/1), Clint Curry (8/5), Rocky Nash (8/7), Scott Shade (8/16), Burney Lamar (8/21), and Greg Voigt (8/25).
* Four drivers have scored their first career victory this season. Ron Strmiska Jr. (Stockton), Eddy McKean (PPIR), David Gilliland (Irwindale), Burney Lamar (Madera).
* Burney Lamar has led the most laps (675) of any driver this season. He has also collected three Bud Pole Awards to lead the series.
* Brandon Whitt continues to lead the Rookie-of-the-Year race by six points over rival Steve Belletto. Whitt was the Rookie-of-the-Race at Irwindale with a tenth place finish.
* Auggie Vidovich Jr. of Lakeside, Calif. is the two-time defending champion of the United Power/Touchstone Energy "150". Auggie currently holds down the 16th position in the point standings.
* Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company has posted award tires for all the remaining events in 2002, which include 32 tires to be distributed to eligible Featherlite Southwest Series, NASCAR Touring car owners per event.