GOODY'S DASH SERIES NASCAR TOURING GOLD STAR DODGE DEALERS "100" What: The Gold Star Dodge Dealers 100 is Race No. 16 in the Goody's Dash Series 1998 Schedule. Where: St. Augustine Speedway, St. Augustine, FL, is a .5 mile semi-banked asphalt...
GOODY'S DASH SERIES NASCAR TOURING GOLD STAR DODGE DEALERS "100"
What: The Gold Star Dodge Dealers 100 is Race No. 16 in the Goody's Dash Series 1998 Schedule.
Where: St. Augustine Speedway, St. Augustine, FL, is a .5 mile semi-banked asphalt oval. The Speedway is located 3.6 miles north of SR 16 on US 1, then 1.3 mile west on Big Oak Road.
When: Saturday, September 12, 1998 - 8:30 p.m. (Approx.)
Distance: 100 Laps ( 50 Miles )
Promoter: St. Johns County Motorsports Complex, Inc. d/b/a St. Augustine Speedway
Sanction: National Association of Stock Car Automobile Racing Inc. (NASCAR)
Schedule: Saturday September 12: Registration and Inspection 11:30 a.m. Mandatory Rookie Drivers Meeting 1:30 p.m. (Located at the Dash Trailer) Practice 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. Draw for Qualifying 4:15 p.m. Time Trials (2 Laps) 5:30 p.m. Mandatory Drivers and Crew Chiefs Meeting 6:15 p.m.
Posted Awards: $20,700 Including Promoters Purse, Cash Contingency Awards, $6,000 Goody's Dash Series Championship Points Fund and $2500 Goody's Dash Series Top 20 Bonus Plan.
Participating Manufacturers: Goody's Pharmaceuticals, Moog Chassis Parts, NGK Spark Plugs, NAPA Oil Filters, Pontiac Racing, Pro Shocks, Toyota Racing, Victor Reinz Gaskets, Anheuser-Busch, Gatorade, Goodyear Tires, STP Oil Treatment, Unocal 76 Gasoline, Unocal 76 Oil.
Notes of Interest: Qualifying Record - 17.827 sec./100.970 mph - Brian Sockwell, September 6, 1997 Race Record - 42:46 avg. speed 70.423 mph. - Robert Huffman, September 6, 1997
* This event marks only the second visit for the Goody's Dash Series to the St. Augustine Speedway.
* In the 1997 event Robert Huffman just edged out David Hutto and Brian Sockwell for the win. Mike Swaim Jr., the point leader going into this event finished fifth.
* Going into this year's event Robert Huffman holds a commanding 295 point advantage over David Hutto in the championship point battle. Ricky Bryant trails Hutto by 98 points in third and Jake Hobgood and BJ Mackey trail Bryant by 26 and 60 points respectively.
* Huffman also continues his 99.9% lap completion record, having completed 1,651 laps of the 1,652 laps run. His closest competitor in this category is Ricky Bryant, who has completed 1,514 of the 1,652 laps for a 91.6% rating.
* Huffman also heads up the laps led statistic, leading 868 laps to David Hutto's 397. The Gatorade Front Runner Award points awarded to the top three drivers at the half-way point of each race also show Huffman leading with 53 points to Hutto's 35 and Jake Hobgood's 15 points.
* The Rookie of the Year race continues to tighten after each event. Going into St. Augustine Donnie Apple holds a five point advantage over London, England's Chris Hall, and an 18 point advantage over Eddie Kelley of Indianapolis, In.
* There will be an autograph session and show car display in the Regency Mall in Jacksonville, Fla. Friday Sept. 11 from 6-9PM.
Rules Specific To This Track: Tires- Goodyear 2376 left side and 2372 right side Pit Stops- There will be a mandatory pit stop during this event. Car must come to a complete stop in their assigned pit stall before rejoining the race.
Ticket and Other Information: Available from St. Augustine Speedway 904-825-2886.