2002 HILLS BROS. ALL PRO SERIES, NASCAR TOURING FACT SHEET WHAT: Sunbelt Rental 125 Hills Bros. All Pro Series, NASCAR Touring Race 4 of 13 Events WHERE: Nashville Superspeedway, Lebanon, Tn., 1.333-Mile Paved Oval WHEN: ...
2002 HILLS BROS. ALL PRO SERIES, NASCAR TOURING FACT SHEET
WHAT: Sunbelt Rental 125
Hills Bros. All Pro Series, NASCAR Touring Race 4 of 13 Events
WHERE: Nashville Superspeedway, Lebanon, Tn., 1.333-Mile Paved Oval
WHEN: Friday, June 7 2002
DISTANCE: 100 Laps (130 Miles)
FIELD: 40 Cars. Thirty-four starting positions will be determined through two laps of qualifying. Positions 35 - 36 will be available to any driver in the top 30 2002 Hills Bros. All Pro Series, NASCAR Touring Championship point standings who have not qualified for one of the original 34 positions, provided eligible driver attempts to qualify in qualifying events. Provisional positions 37 - 38 are available to any top 30 car owner in the current 2002 points standing who has not qualified one of the original 34 positions. Provisional position 39 will be available to any driver in the current 2002 RE/MAX Challenge Series, NASCAR Touring Championship points standing. Provisional position 40 will be for a past champion who ran in 2001 on the series. Official points standing and not time trial speed will determine these positions.
SANCTION: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR)
PROMOTER: Nashville Speedway USA
TELEVISION: Fox (Tape Delayed) Replay on June 24 8:00 pm (ET) on Speed Channel
Friday, June 7 2002
10:00 am - 11:00 am - Hills Bros. All Pro Practice
11:50 am --12:50 pm - Hills Bros. All Pro Practice
3:15 pm - Hills Bros. All Pro Qualifying (2 Laps Positions 1 - 34)
9:00 pm - SUNBELT RENTALS 125
THE RACE: The Sunbelt Rentals 125 will be race 4 of 13 races on the Hills Bros. All Pro Series, NASCAR Touring schedule. Cautions will count towards total laps and the race can end with a checkered flag or a green-white-checkered situation.
EVENT REVIEW: This will be the first superspeedway event in 2002 for the Hills Bros. All Pro Series, NASCAR Touring and the first event in 2002 in conjunction with the NASCAR Busch Series, Grand National Division. The series concluded the 2001 season at this facility with a 150-lap race while this race will be 100-laps.
NOTES OF INTEREST:
(1) Eddie Hoffman won the first series event at this facility and is entered for this event. Hoffman is third in the series points standing.
(2) Jeff Fultz has the best superspeedway record of All Pro drivers with a fourth here last season and winning both events at Kentucky Speedway.
(3) Driver setting fast time will establish the series qualifying mark for the series at this track.
(4) Jason Hogan is the leading rookie-of-the-year entering this event and the highest rookie in series points with his eighth place ranking. He finished 21st at Nashville Superspeedway last year.
(5) Toby Porter returned to the series full-time this year and has won back-to-back races.
(6) Series points leader David Reutimann won his first career event at South Boston and has led the most laps through the first three races.
PARTICIPATING AWARDS SPONSORS: Anheuser-Busch, Carrera Shocks, Competition Cams, Five Star Bodies, Ford Motor Company, Gatorade, Goodyear Belts & Hoses, Hills Bros, Holly Carburetors, Hoosier Tires, JE Pistons, Jesel Rocker Arms, Mac Tools, Moroso Blue Max Ignition Wires, MSD Ignitions, Quick Car, Wix, and "76" Race Gasoline.