2002 Hills Bros Coffee All Pro Series, NASCAR Touring Fact Sheet WHAT: KINZER DRILLING 200 Hills Bros. Coffee All Pro Series, NASCAR Touring Race 6 of 13 Events WHERE: Lonesome Pine Raceway, Coeburn, Va., 3/8-mile paved WHEN: Saturday, June...
2002 Hills Bros Coffee All Pro Series, NASCAR Touring Fact Sheet
WHAT: KINZER DRILLING 200 Hills Bros. Coffee All Pro Series, NASCAR Touring Race 6 of 13 Events
WHERE: Lonesome Pine Raceway, Coeburn, Va., 3/8-mile paved
WHEN: Saturday, June 29 2002
DISTANCE: 200 Laps (75 Miles)
POSTED AWARDS: $51,750
FIELD: 32 Cars. Twenty-seven starting positions will be determined through two laps of qualifying. Positions 28 - 29 will be available to any driver in the final top 30 2002 All Pro Series, NASCAR Touring Championship point standings who has not qualified for one of the original 27 positions, provided eligible driver attempts to qualify in qualifying events. Provisional positions 30 - 31 are available to any top 30 car owner in the final 2002 points standing who has not qualified for one of the original 27 positions and provisional position 32 will be for a past champion who ran in 2001 on the series. Official points standing and not time trial speed will determine these positions.
SANCTION: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR)
PROMOTER: Lonesome Pine International Raceway, LLC
Saturday, June 29 2002
9:00 a.m. - Gates Open and Inspection begins
12:00 p.m. - Mandatory Rookie Meeting
1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Hills Bros. Coffee All Pro Practice
3:00 p.m. - Mandatory Driver/Crew Chief Meeting
6:00 p.m. - Hills Bros. Coffee All Pro Qualifying (2 Laps)
8:30 p.m. -- Green Flag Kinzer Drilling 200
THE RACE: The Kinzer Drilling 200 will be race 6 of 13 races on the 2002 Hills Bros. Coffee All Pro Series, NASCAR Touring Schedule. Cautions will count towards total laps and the race can end with a checkered flag or a green-white-checkered situation.
RECORDS: Qualifying: New Track Record Will Be Set Since This Will Be First Appearance At This Facility 200-Lap: New Race Record Will Be Set Since This Will Be First Appearance At This Facility
NOTE OF INTEREST:
(1) This will be the first time this division of NASCAR has competed at this track.
(2) Billy Bigley has returned to the series full-time for 2002 after one year on the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.
(3) An outstanding field of Rookie-of-the-Year candidates will be competing for one of the 32 starting spots with Jason Hogan leading that competition.
(4) Charlie Bradberry increased his series points lead after the Kentucky race to 42 points over Jeff Futlz.
(5) Four different drivers have series wins in five races with Toby Porter the only double winner.
(6) Twelve different drivers have lead laps in the first five races.
(7) Twenty drivers have started all five events in 2002.
PARTICIPATING AWARDS SPONSORS: Anheuser-Busch, Carrera Shocks, Competition Cams, Five Star Bodies, Ford Motor Company, Gatorade, Goodyear Belts & Hoses, Hills Bros, Holly Carburetors, Hoosier Tires, JE Pistons, Jesel Rocker Arms, Mac Tools, Moroso Blue Max Ignition Wires, MSD Ignitions, Quick Car, Wix, and "76" Race Gasoline.