WHAT: Bi-Lo BonusCard 200 WHERE: Greenville-Pickens Speedway, Greenville, SC, 0.500 mi. oval WHEN: Saturday, April 25, 1998, 8:00 p.m. DISTANCE: 200 laps (100 miles) POSTED AWARDS: $44,300 TV/RADIO: ...
WHAT: Bi-Lo BonusCard 200 WHERE: Greenville-Pickens Speedway, Greenville, SC, 0.500 mi. oval WHEN: Saturday, April 25, 1998, 8:00 p.m. DISTANCE: 200 laps (100 miles) POSTED AWARDS: $44,300 TV/RADIO: None
NOTES OF INTEREST:
* Mike Garvey, Gary Balough, Jason Keller, Donnie Bishop, Jody Ridley, Mike Cope, Shane Hall, Toby Porter, Hal Goodson, Dick Anderson and Derrick Gilchrist have all earned Slim Jim All Pro Series victories at Greenville-Pickens. Cope and Ridley are the only drivers to have earned multiple victories with Ridley visiting victory lane twice and Cope taking top honors three times. Only Porter, Goodson and Gilchrist can be expected to return in search of a second victory.
* The Bi-Lo BonusCard 200 is the 15th Slim Jim All Pro Series race to be run at Greenville-Pickens Speedway, more than any other track on the series schedule.
* Derrick Gilchrist swept Bud Pole qualifying at Greenville-Pickens in 1997. His second Greenville pole, secured in the August 2 event, propelled him to his first career Slim Jim All Pro Series victory.
* Local favorite Randy Gentry is having a strong start in only his second full season of Slim Jim All Pro Series competition. He currently sits in eighth place in the point standings and has notched two top 10 finishes in four 1998 starts. Another Greenville area resident, Mardy Lindley is just one points position behind Gentry in ninth.
* This event is the first event where provisionals will be based on 1998 point standings. This will be most meaningful for Freddie Query, Ronnie Burkett, Mardy Lindley, Scott Kilby, Nevin Jenkins, Jimmy Cope, David Jude, Brian Sockwell and David Moyer. All of these drivers currently reside in the top 20 in 1998 points but have yet to earn any bonus plan dollars as those have been paid out based on 1997 points for the first four events.
STAT OF THE WEEK: After four events, encompassing a total of 600 laps, only two drivers have completed all of the laps run. Points leader Freddie Query and third place points man David Reutimann have been running on the lead lap at the end of each 1998 event.