WHAT: INGLES 200 Hills Bros Coffee All Pro Series NASCAR Touring Race 2 of 13 Events WHERE: Greenville-Pickens Speedway, Greenville, S. C. .500-mile oval WHEN: Saturday, April 27 2002 DISTANCE: 200 Laps (100 Miles) FIELD: 32 Cars.
INGLES 200 Hills Bros Coffee All Pro Series
NASCAR Touring Race 2 of 13 Events
WHERE: Greenville-Pickens Speedway, Greenville, S. C.
Saturday, April 27 2002
200 Laps (100 Miles)
32 Cars. Twenty-seven starting positions will be determined through two laps of qualifying. Positions 28 - 29 will be available to any driver in the final top 30 2001All Pro Series, NASCAR Touring Championship point standings who has not qualified for one of the original 27 positions, provided eligible driver attempts to qualify in qualifying events. Provisional postions 30 - 31 are available to any top 30 car owner in the final 2001 points standing who has not qualified for one of the original 27 positions and provisional position 32 will be for a past champion who ran in 2001 on the series. Official points standing and not time trial speed will determine these positions.
Saturday, April 27 2002
8:00 a.m. - Registration Opens and Haulers Park
9:00 a.m. - Gates Open and Inspection begins
12:00 p.m. - Mandatory Rookie Meeting
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Hills Bros Coffee All Pro Practice
3:15 p.m. - Mandatory Driver/Crew Chief Meeting
6:00 p.m. - Hills Bros Coffee All Pro Qualifying (2 Laps)
8:00 p.m. -- Green Flag Ingles 200
The Ingles 200 will be race 2 of 13 races on the 2002 Hills Bros Coffee All Pro Series, NASCAR Touring Schedule. Cautions will count towards total laps and the race can end with a checkered flag or a green-white-checkered situation.
NOTE OF INTEREST:
(1) This will be the first of two visits in 2002 for the Hills Bros Coffee All Pro Series, NASCAR Touring at this historic speedplant.
(2) Wayne Anderson might be driving Stanley Smith's Chevrolet since Smith broke his heal.
(3) Billy Bigley has returned to the series full-time for 2002 after one year on the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.
(4) Bigley had back to back wins at this track in 1999 and 2000. And he leads all drivers in qualifying with four Bud Pole starts.
(5) An outstanding field of Rookie-of-the-Year candidates will be competing for one of the 32 starting spots.
PARTICIPATING AWARDS SPONSORS:
Anheuser-Busch, Carrera Shocks, Competition Cams, Five Star Bodies, Ford Motor Company, Gatorade, Goodyear Belts & Hoses, Hills Bros, Holly Carburetors, Hoosier Tires, JE Pistons, Jesel Rocker Arms, Mac Tools, Moroso Blue Max Ignition Wires, MSD Ignitions, Quick Car, Wix, and "76" Race Gasoline.