NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" FACT SHEET WHAT: NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl", featuring the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, ShorTrack Sportsman, Street Stocks, and Bumpin Bombers on the all-new 1/3-mile clay oval. Plus the Figure 8...
NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" FACT SHEET
WHAT: NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl", featuring the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, ShorTrack Sportsman, Street Stocks, and Bumpin Bombers on the all-new 1/3-mile clay oval. Plus the Figure 8 cars on the criss-crossing Figure 8 track.
WHEN: Friday May 4, 2001. Gates open at 5pm, with Qualifying Heats at 6:45pm. and Trophy Dashes and main events to follow.
WHERE: Portland Speedway, 9727 N. MLK Jr. Blvd, Portland 97217 (Just East of the Portland Meadows horse track)
SANCTION: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR)
ADMISSION: $10 for Adults, $8 for Seniors over 62 and Military with ID, $5 for Juniors 11-17, all children under 10 with paid adult are FREE. A Family Package for two Adults and two Juniors is $26. VIP Reserved seats are $20. Ticket Information: Call 503-285-2883 Tickets available at all Ticketmaster locations or online at www.portlandspeedway.com.
DIVISIONS: NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, ShorTrack Sportsman, Street Stocks, Figure 8, and Bumpin' Bombers.
NOTES OF INTERESTS:
* Portland Speedway-"The Dirt Track" will recognize sports fans this Friday night as the racetrack presents the weekly NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" stockcar racing program. Race fans and area sports fans are encouraged to showcase their best "Trade Whitsitt" sign at the historic North Portland oval track. All signs will be judged, and the top three sign makers will win VIP ticket packages to upcoming events.
* Last week's NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" was cut short due to rain showers. All the same divisions will be in action this week. Fans can use last Friday's ticket stub for admission to this week's NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl".
* Brent Beall of Portland collected his first Figure 8 main event victory of the 2001 season in dramatic fashion last week as the rain started to fall. He is the early point leader in the Figure 8 division.
* Organ and Tissue donor cards from the Oregon Donor Program will be available at Portland Speedway throughout the 2001 racing season.
* Ladies Night presented by FX featuring the debut of the new Women's Auto Racing (WAR!) division will be the next Friday "Bud Bowl", May 11.
* The hy-per-lube Northern Sprint Car Tour rolls into town for the first of three visits to the half-mile clay oval Saturday, May 12 for the first annual Bi-Mart Spring Fling Tickets are available at all Ticketmaster locations or online.
* The new NASCAR Friday racing format is called Friday "Bud Bowl". This racing season will feature 20 Friday "Bud Bowl" events with 15 special events, highlighted by the return of the Pennzoil World of Outlaws Friday and Saturday August 24 & 25.