NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" KUPL Fan-Can Finale Championship Night FACT SHEET WHAT: NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" KUPL Fan-Can Finale Night at the Races featuring the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, ShorTrack Sportsman,...
NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" KUPL Fan-Can Finale Championship Night FACT SHEET
WHAT: NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" KUPL Fan-Can Finale Night at the Races featuring the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, ShorTrack Sportsman, and Street Stocks on the third-mile "Bud Bowl". Plus, the Figure 8 cars on the criss-crossing Figure 8 track.
WHEN: Friday, September 14, 2001. Gates open at 5pm, with racing beginning at 6:45pm.
WHERE: Portland Speedway, 9727 N. MLK Jr. Blvd, Portland 97217 (Just East of the Portland Meadows horse track)
SANCTION: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR)
PROMOTER: Western Speedways, Inc.
EVENT HOTLINE: 503-285-9511
ADMISSION: $10 for Adults, $8 for Seniors over 62 and Military with ID, $5 for Juniors 11-17, all children under 10 with paid adult are FREE. A Family Package for two Adults and two Juniors is $26. VIP Reserved seats are $20. Ticket Information: Call 503-285-2883 Advance tickets available at all Ticketmaster locations or online at www.portlandspeedway.com.
DIVISIONS: NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, NASCAR ShorTrack Sportsman, Street Stocks, Figure 8.
NOTES OF INTERESTS: * Portland Speedway will honor America this Friday, as the Oregon National Guard will present an Honor Color Guard and cannon salute as a proud reminder of our American Military heritage and freedom.
* Tom Pinkowsky of Vancouver leads Eric Sayre, also of Vancouver by nine points going into the final race. Sayre needs to finish ahead of Pinkowsky by five positions or win his heat race, trophy dash, and finish three position ahead in order win the title.
* Scott Puncochar of Hillsboro, Ore. leads the Street Stock point standings by 85 points over Brad Tanner of Clackamas. All Puncochar needs to do is start the feature race and he will win his second consecutive title.
* Dan Cherington tops the point standings by 16 markers over his brother Joe Cherington in the Figure 8 class. D. Cherington will win the title just by starting the main event.
* Martin Stanwood leads Dale Holland by 12 points in the ShorTrack Sportsman class. Stanwood needs to start feature race and finish in the top ten in order to secure the championship.
- Race cans will receive $2 off Adult admission with the donation of can goods that will go to the Oregon Food Bank.