NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" PEPSI Dirt FANatic Night at the Races WHAT: NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" PEPSI Dirt FANatic Night at the Races, featuring the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, ShorTrack Sportsman, NASCAR Street...
NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" PEPSI Dirt FANatic Night at the Races
WHAT: NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" PEPSI Dirt FANatic Night at the Races, featuring the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, ShorTrack Sportsman, NASCAR Street Stocks, and WAR! Women's Auto Racing on the all-new 1/3- mile clay oval
WHEN: Friday, July 27, 2001. Gates open at 5:00pm, with Qualifying Heats at 6:45pm, with Trophy Dashes and main events to follow.
WHERE: Portland Speedway, 9727 N. MLK Jr. Blvd, Portland 97217 (Just East of the Portland Meadows horse track)
SANCTION: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR)
PROMOTER: Western Speedways, Inc. President-Craig Armstrong 503-285-2883 Media Information: Derrick Shannon 208-890-7078 EVENT HOTLINE: 503-285-9511
ADMISSION: $10 for Adults, $8 for Seniors over 62 and Military with ID, $5 for Juniors 11-17, all children under 10 with paid adult are FREE. A Family Package for two Adults and two Juniors is $26. VIP Reserved seats are $20. Ticket Information: Call 503-285-2883 Advance tickets available at all Ticketmaster locations or online at www.portlandspeedway.com.
DIVISIONS: NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, ShorTrack Sportsman, Street Stocks, WAR!
NOTES OF INTEREST:
* The I-5 Outlaw Late Models return to the "Monster" half-mile clay oval Friday, August 3. More than 60 cars are expected to be on hand.
* Scott Puncochar of Hillsboro, Ore. leads the Street Stock point standings on the strength of three feature wins and consistent finishes.
* Tiger Tom Pinkowsky leads Don Jenner by 21 points in the NWRS Grand American Modified division going into this Friday's action. Each have two wins on the season. Eric Sayre of Vancouver, Wash. won his second race of the season last Friday night, and has moved into third place in the season championship race just 41 markers out of first.
* Brad "The Tornado" Tanner of Clackamas is the hottest driver in the NASCAR ShorTrack Series Sportsman. Tanner has won six events and has vaulted into third place in the point standings. Dale Holland of Portland picked up his third win of the season last Friday night.
* The Greatest Show on Dirt, The Pennzoil World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series Friday and Saturday, August 24 & 25. Tickets are available by calling 1-800-825-4832.