BI-MART SUMMER SHOOTOUT Featuring the I-5 Outlaw Late Model Series WHAT: The BI-MART Summer Shootout Featuring the I-5 Outlaw Late Model Series on the "Monster" half-mile clay oval. Also on tap will be the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand ...
BI-MART SUMMER SHOOTOUT Featuring the I-5 Outlaw Late Model Series
WHAT: The BI-MART Summer Shootout Featuring the I-5 Outlaw Late Model Series on the "Monster" half-mile clay oval. Also on tap will be the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds on the half-mile, and the Figure 8 cars on the criss-crossing Figure 8 track. Plus, a special Aerial FIREWORKS show to cap of the evening.
WHEN: Friday, August 3, 2001. Gates open at 5pm, with racing beginning at 6:45pm.
WHERE: Portland Speedway, 9727 N. MLK Jr. Blvd, Portland 97217 (Just East of the Portland Meadows horse track)
SANCTION: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR) I-5 Outlaw Late Model Series (Outlaw Late Models)
ADMISSION: $19 for Adults, $15 for Seniors over 62 and Military with ID, $9 for Juniors 11-17, all children under 10 with paid adult are FREE. A Family Package for two Adults and two Juniors is $48. VIP Reserved seats are $40. Ticket Information: Call 503-285-2883
Advance tickets available at all Ticketmaster locations or online at www.portlandspeedway.com.
DIVISIONS: I-5 Outlaw Dirt Late Models, NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, Figure 8
NOTES OF INTERESTS:
* Race fans can receive a $3 off adult admission discount coupon at any area BI-Mart stores for the BI-Mart Summer Shootout 8/3/01.
* Local NWRS title contender, Eric Sayre will drive an Outlaw Late Model along with former Portland Speedway asphalt Late Model standout Greg Walters who currently leads the Super Sport point standings at Willamette Speedway.
* Tiger Tom Pinkowsky leads Eric Sayre by 33 points in the NWRS Grand American Modified division going into this Friday's action. Eric Sayre of Vancouver, Wash. won his third consecutive race of the season last Friday night.
* Dan Cherington continues to dominate the Figure 8 division and tops the point standings by 19 markers over his brother Joe Cherington. - On tap to close the show will be a spectacular Aerial FIREWORKS SHOW.
* The Greatest Show on Dirt, The Pennzoil World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series Friday and Saturday, August 24 & 25. Tickets are available by calling 1-800-825-4832.