NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" Junior Fan Club Night at the Races presented by Family Fun Center/Bullwinkles FACT SHEET WHAT: NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" Junior Fan Club Night at the Races featuring the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American ...
NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" Junior Fan Club Night at the Races presented by Family Fun Center/Bullwinkles FACT SHEET
WHAT: NASCAR Friday "Bud Bowl" Junior Fan Club Night at the Races featuring the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, NASCAR ShorTrack Sports, Street Stocks, WAR!, and Bumpin' Bombers on the third-mile clay oval.
WHEN: Friday, August 17, 2001. Gates open at 5pm, with racing beginning at 6:45pm.
WHERE: Portland Speedway, 9727 N. MLK Jr. Blvd, Portland 97217 (Just East of the Portland Meadows horse track) SANCTION: National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR) PROMOTER: Western Speedways, Inc. President-Craig Armstrong 503-285-2883 Media Information: Derrick Shannon 208-890-7078 EVENT HOTLINE: 503-285-9511
ADMISSION: $10 for Adults, $8 for Seniors over 62 and Military with ID, $5 for Juniors 11-17, all children under 10 with paid adult are FREE. A Family Package for two Adults and two Juniors is $26. VIP Reserved seats are $20. Ticket Information: Call 503-285-2883
Advance tickets available at all Ticketmaster locations or online at www.portlandspeedway.com.
DIVISIONS: NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Grand American Modifieds, ShorTrack Sportsman, Street Stocks, WAR!, Bumpin' Bombers.
NOTES OF INTERESTS:
* August 17 is a special night for children of all ages as Portland Speedway celebrates its Junior Fans. Clowns, games, face painting, prizes and much more is in store.
* Tiger Eric Sayre leads Tom Pinkowsky by 6 points in the NWRS Grand American Modified division going into this Friday's action. Eric Sayre of Vancouver, Wash. has won four races in his last five starts.
* Scott Puncochar of Hillsboro, Ore. leads the Street Stock point standings by 87 points over Brad Tanner of Clackamas, Ore. Tanner has driven cars in six different divisions this season. Tanner won the 30-lap feature last Friday night.
* Dan Cherington won his fourth feature race of the season last Friday in the Figure 8 class. Dan Cherington tops the point standings by 16 markers over his brother Joe Cherington.
* The Greatest Show on Dirt, The Pennzoil World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series is here next Friday and Saturday, August 24 & 25. Tickets are available by calling the Portland Speedway office at 503-285-2883 or online at www.portlandspeedway.com
* Danny Lasoski is fresh of his win at the Knoxville Nationals, the biggest Sprint Car race of the season, last Sunday. Lasoski drives for car owner and Winston Cup star Tony Stewart.