Raybestos Brakes Northwest Series Race No. 10 of 14 Raceway Park, Kalispell, Mont. SCHEDULE: Friday, August 9 1:00 to 3:30 p.m. Optional Practice Session Saturday, August 10 2:30 to 3:00 p.m. First Practice Session 3:30 to 4:00 p.m.
Raybestos Brakes Northwest Series Race No. 10 of 14
Raceway Park, Kalispell, Mont.
Friday, August 9
1:00 to 3:30 p.m. Optional Practice Session
Saturday, August 10
2:30 to 3:00 p.m. First Practice Session
3:30 to 4:00 p.m. Second Practice Session
7:00 p.m. Time Trials
8:00 p.m. Trophy Dash
8:30 p.m. 15-lap Qualifying Race (If necessary)
9:30 p.m. Coors Light 125
NOTES OF INTEREST:
* Kevin Hamlin is the Raybestos Brakes Northwest Series points leader heading into the Coors Light 125. With his second victory in as many races, Gary Lewis has moved into second place, just 84 markers behind the leader. Only 136 points separate Hamlin and Chris Hart who sits in third place.
* Lewis earned his first Bud Pole Award of the 2002 season at South Sound Speedway and holds the qualifying record at Raceway Park. Lewis has climbed from 12th place in the series points standings after three races, to second with five races to go in the season.
* Hamlin has two consecutive top-5 finishes at Raceway Park. His best career finish on the .250-mile track is a fourth place effort, accomplished in 1999 and 2000. Shane Biles, the last NASCAR Touring driver to win a race at Raceway Park, also has two consecutive top-5 finishes.
* Ken Kaltschmidt, a native of Marion, Montana has entered the Coors Light 125 for a chance to perform in front of the hometown fans. Kaltschmidt finished in fifth place in 2000 in only his second series start in his home state.
* Montana Gov. Judy Martz will attend her first NASCAR event in her home state when the Raybestos Brakes Northwest Series competes on Saturday, August 10. Martz son is a race car driver and recently competed in the prestigious Montana 200 for late model stock cars.
* Jeff Jefferson leads the Raybestos Brakes Northwest Series with three Bud Pole Awards. The Naches, Wash. native also leads the Gatorade Front Runner standings for laps led at an event. Seven drivers have won a Bud Pole this season while nine different drivers have led at least one lap at an event.
* The Raybestos Brakes Northwest Series has entered its 18th year of competition. This is the fourth time a NASCAR event has been held in the state of Montana. The Coors Light 125 is one of the biggest sporting events in the state this year.
STATS OF THE WEEK:
* Pontiac leads the series with two wins at Raceway Park, both accomplished by Tom Sweatman. Biles' win in 2000 came in a Ford. Chevrolet has never visited victory circle for a NASCAR Touring event in the state of Montana.