* THE STORY: Now only a month away from his first career NASCAR Busch Series event, 17 year-old Chase Austin and Team HomeLife Communities RWI Racing head north to New Hampshire International Speedway this weekend. The Steve Darne-led squad is ...
* THE STORY: Now only a month away from his first career NASCAR Busch Series event, 17 year-old Chase Austin and Team HomeLife Communities RWI Racing head north to New Hampshire International Speedway this weekend. The Steve Darne-led squad is searching their fourth top-ten finish of the short 2007 NASCAR Busch East Series season.
* THE MACHINE: While New Hampshire International Speedway may be called "The Magic Mile," Young Austin will seek to play some tricks of his own from behind the wheel of an ex-Rusty Wallace Penske Racing chassis. This car was driven by Steve Wallace in 2006 ARCA competition.
* THE MAN AT NEW HAMPSHIRE: Chase has one previous career start at New Hampshire, which came in this year's first Busch East Series event at "The Magic Mile." In that event, he started 15th and seemed poised for a sure top-ten finish until a late-race accident eliminated him from competition. Over the years however, NHIS has marked several firsts for RWI Racing and its team. In 1993, team owner Rusty Wallace took home the checkers for the inaugural NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series event at New Hampshire. At New Hampshire in 2004, Jamie McMurray wheeled his No.66 Dodge to RWI Racing's first-ever Busch Series pole position.
* "DOUBLE-DUTY" DARNE BACK IN ACTION: RWI Racing officials announced this week that the team's Busch East Series crew chief and long-time head mechanic, Steve Darne, will once again serve as interim crew chief on its No.66 Busch Series entry, driven by Steve Wallace. He replaces Tony Liberati, who was released from his crew chief duties earlier this week, following a short tenure as Wallace's crew chief. Darne will serve as interim crew chief of the No.66 for the remainder of the 2007 season, following which, the team will announce a permanent replacement. The Wallace-Darne duo has proven to be quite potent in the past, as they earned three victories and four pole positions together in 2006 ARCA RE/MAX Series competition. Darne was with Wallace and Team HomeLife Communities RWI Racing at Iowa Speedway this week for a two-day test session, before joining his Busch East Series squad in New Hampshire. Noted Team Owner Rusty Wallace, "Steve Darne is a tremendous asset to our organization and he has once again stepped up and risen to the challenge. He has served in this role several times before and I have the utmost confidence in his abilities. There's not a doubt in my mind that he'll do another great job for our team."