* Logano started sixth after a qualifying lap of 72.842 seconds. * For most of the event, Logano fought a 'tight' condition through Watkins Glen's "carousel," which is a short chicane on the back stretch that was implemented to slow the cars...
* Logano started sixth after a qualifying lap of 72.842 seconds.
* For most of the event, Logano fought a 'tight' condition through Watkins Glen's "carousel," which is a short chicane on the back stretch that was implemented to slow the cars down. He was pleased with his car around the rest of the track.
* During a lap 16 green flag pit stop, the No. 20 GameStop team was assessed a "pass through" penalty from NASCAR as a result of the pit crew jumping the pit wall too early for the pit stop. Logano stayed on the lead lap and in contention for a seventh consecutive top-5 finish.
* On lap 64, after contact with another competitor, Logano suffered rear bumper damage and cut down a right rear tire. He lost a lap during the repair.
* On lap 72, Logano was involved in an accident not of his own making with the same competitor. The accident ended his day and resulted in Logano being evaluated and released in good condition from the infield care center. He finished 33rd.
Joey Logano Quotes
"I hate it for all of the guys on the GameStop Toyota. We had a good car. Probably not a winning car, but we could have continued our top-5 streak. We just got wrecked under caution. I don't know what his problem was, but there is no place for that. I feel like I have done a good job in earning the respect of the veteran drivers, but I race people the same way they race me. The frustrating part is that I'm not going to be back in the GameStop Toyota for three more weeks, when we get to Atlanta."
"I feel like I'm definitely getting better at road course racing. This weekend was night and day difference from last year. We had a little mishap on pit road, but we were in great position to make that up. We fought the handling a little in the carousel, but it was fast everywhere else. It's been fast all year. I would love to be back in this car next week at Michigan. I'm at a weird part of my Nationwide schedule because I'm only racing once a month through October. But I enjoy running the GameStop car and it's nice to get back over here with the guys."