JASON KELLER 2009 * Currently ninth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings * Recorded season-best sixth-place finish at Iowa last weekend * Eclipsed the 100,000 mile mark in his career in the...
JASON KELLER 2009
* Currently ninth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings
* Recorded season-best sixth-place finish at Iowa last weekend
* Eclipsed the 100,000 mile mark in his career in the NASCAR Nationwide Series on June 12
* Ninth-place finish in the Camping World 300 at Daytona in February was the highest of non NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers
* Six top-10 finishes are the most he has registered since the 2005 season
JASON KELLER at WATKINS GLEN
* Is the NNS career leader at Watkins Glen in laps (723) and miles (1771.35) and is tied with David Green for the lead in starts (10) and lead-lap finishes (6)
* Recorded six straight top-15 finishes from 1996 to 2001
* Started 24th, made his way up to fifth before being forced to the garage with transmission problems, and ended up finishing 32nd in the 2008 Zippo 200 at the Glen.
JASON KELLER ON WATKINS GLEN
"We're heading to a road course for the first time this season so at the beginning of the weekend I'll be a little nervous. It takes some time to get back in the groove of making both left and right-hand turns. After we get some laps in during practice the nervousness goes away and it becomes exciting to race on a different style of track."
HOMECOMING FOR TODD GORDON
"I always look forward to the race at Watkins Glen, having grown up in Camden, N.Y., a few hours from the track. A lot of my friends and family will be at the race Saturday and hopefully we will put on a good show for them!"
TODD GORDON ON WATKINS GLEN
"Going to a road course is a lot of fun for a crew chief because it calls for an entirely different strategy with the setup on the car. Downforce doesn't come in to play as much as making the car turn better, both ways! We are bringing car 66 which last year they had a top-10 finish with here. We've made some changes to the chassis and feel that we're bringing a very competitive car. Jason and I struggled at The Glen last year, so we're looking for a little redemption this weekend!"