Hamlin in the No. 11 CJM Racing Entry at the Glen DENNY HAMLIN/ CJM RACING TEAM FAST FACTS: * CJM Racing garnered their fourth top-10 finish of the season at the inaugural Iowa race last weekend. The team finished ninth * ...
Hamlin in the No. 11 CJM Racing Entry at the Glen
DENNY HAMLIN/ CJM RACING TEAM FAST FACTS:
* CJM Racing garnered their fourth top-10 finish of the season at the inaugural Iowa race last weekend. The team finished ninth
* Upstate NY is home to four crew members: Paul Wolfe (crew chief) is from Milford, Scott McDougall (engineer) is from Syracuse, Vaughn Dunn (tire specialist) is from Watertown and Shayna Keller (media relations) is from Mohawk
* Watkins Glen marks the first road-course race for the Nationwide Series (NNS) this season
* Denny Hamlin will be behind the wheel of the No. 11 RIDEMAKERZ Toyota with CJM Racing for the first time at Watkins Glen
* Hamlin has four NNS starts at Watkins Glen with an average starting position of 9.5 and an average finishing position of 23.2
* In addition, Hamlin has three Sprint Cup Series starts at Watkins Glen. In all three starts he has finished in the top-10; with his highest finish coming in 2007 (second place)
* This weekend will mark only his second start in the NNS this season
* The RIDEMAKERZ race team will be running chassis #10 at Watkins Glen; #10 is a brand new chassis
HAMLIN'S THOUGHTS ON RETURNING TO THE NATIONWIDE SERIES:
"I am looking forward to it. Las Vegas was the last time that I have been in a Nationwide car so getting back in that car will take a little getting used to for sure. I've really been able to focus on the Cup Series side of things lately and that's been a positive for me and the team but this opportunity came up with CJM and given their affiliation with JGR I will do whatever I can to help them out and get a good result. I have had some good runs at Michigan in the Nationwide Series but Watkins Glen has been a little different story. We've run pretty well but different issues have kept us from good results there. I like road courses in general and have fared pretty well so I think this will be a good weekend."