CJM Racing Looking to Continue Momentum in Texas Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts: * Scott Lagasse Jr. will run his first full season with CJM Racing this season in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and compete for Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year ...
CJM Racing Looking to Continue Momentum in Texas
Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts:
* Scott Lagasse Jr. will run his first full season with CJM Racing this season in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and compete for Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year honors
* Lagasse Jr. currently is third in the rookie standings just nine points out of first
* Lagasse Jr. has finished in the top-13 in the last three races and has catapulted into the top-10 in driver point standings after Bristol. The rookie driver currently sits 10th in points
* The NASCAR Nationwide Series was off last weekend. Prior to the break, the America's Incredible Pizza Company race team raced at Bristol Motor Speedway where Lagasse Jr. posted a 13th place finish in his first ever race there
* Lagasse Jr. has raced twice at Texas Motor Speedway, once in the Camping World Truck Series (2006, 29th) and most recently last fall in the Nationwide Series with CJM Racing (25th)
CJM Racing Quick Facts:
* The 2009 season marks the second season CJM Racing will compete in the NASCAR Nationwide Series full-time. The team currently sits 13th in the owner point standings after four races this season
* CJM Racing transitioned over to Toyota Camry's this off-season. The team will bring chassis # 09 to Texas Motor Speedway. # 09 is the same chassis the team finished 12th at California and used as a back-up car in Las Vegas to bring home their first top-10 of the season (ninth)
* The No. 11 entry will proudly display the Autism Awareness ribbon on the hood of the car this weekend. April marks Autism Awareness month. The partnership will continue throughout the season as the ribbon will be located on the c-post for the remaining America's Incredible Pizza Company races in 2009
* Del Wolfgramm has been honored as this weekend's Incredible Hero. Del saved a man's life by pulling him from a burning car in January 2009
Driver Scott Lagasse Jr. on Autism Awareness:
"We're involved with a really great organization now (Autism Society of America) and I think it's great that America's Incredible Pizza Company wanted to help such a great cause. I know this is something that really hits home for Rick and Cheryl (Barsness, CEO of Pizza Company) with their grandson Peyton suffering from the disorder. I'm proud to run the ribbon on our car this weekend and for the rest of the year."
Driver Scott Lagasse Jr. on Texas:
"I ran at Texas in the fall Nationwide race so I'm really looking forward to returning there for round two. I'm a big fan of the mile-and-a-half tracks and even more so now that I can come back a second time. We're bringing my favorite car so I'm hoping the results will continue and we can better our ninth place finish we had at Las Vegas."