* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team will race chassis PRS-008 during Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Texas Motor Speedway. PRS-008 last saw racing action at Lowe's Motor Speedway three weeks ago. Allgaier...
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team will race chassis PRS-008 during Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Texas Motor Speedway. PRS-008 last saw racing action at Lowe's Motor Speedway three weeks ago. Allgaier had the Dodge Charger positioned well inside the top-10 but, with three laps to go, the right rear tire went flat and he finished in the 12th spot.
* New Look... This weekend, the Verizon Wireless Dodge will sport a new look at Texas Motor Speedway. The No. 12 machine will feature a white, black and red paint scheme for the remaining three races on the 2009 schedule.
* Tested and Approved... Allgaier and the No. 12 Verizon Wireless team participated in the first NASCAR Nationwide Series Car of Tomorrow test at the 2.66-mile Talladega Superspeedway on Monday, November 2.
* Dialed In... Allgaier will visit the Verizon Wireless store in Grapevine, Tex. on Friday, November 6. The talented rookie racer will sign autographs and visit with employees from 8-9 pm CT. The store is located at 1400 William D Tate Ave. in Grapevine, Tex.
Justin Allgaier on driving at Texas Motor Speedway
"Texas Motor Speedway is really fast. [Crew chief] Chad [Walter] has been really working on our downforce package over the last couple of months and we feel like we have really made some gains, which will show up this weekend. We know we have a job left to do in order to achieve our season goals. These last three weeks of the season are going to be crucial in allowing us to get there. The guys on our team are just awesome. They work so hard every day to make sure our Verizon Wireless Dodge is fast, week in and week out. It is just such a pleasure to work with them and to be the driver of this car."
Crew Chief Chad Walter on racing at Texas Motor Speedway
"Texas Motor Speedway is a great mile-and-a-half track. Handling and track position are the keys to success. You have to have your car pinned to the bottom on both ends of the track in order to have a shot to win. Track position is crucial. These cars are so aero dependent that you need to keep your machine in clean air, and the only way to do that is to be leading. We had a good run there in the spring, and I feel like we are a much better team the second time around."