Vickers wraps up his 2009 season in the Dollar General Toyota * Brian Vickers wraps up his 2009 season in the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota. This weekend marks the 17th and final 2009 race for Vickers behind the wheel of the No. 32 Camry. He has...
Vickers wraps up his 2009 season in the Dollar General Toyota
* Brian Vickers wraps up his 2009 season in the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota. This weekend marks the 17th and final 2009 race for Vickers behind the wheel of the No. 32 Camry. He has led the team to seven top-five and 11 top-10 finishes this season. He has also claimed the runner-up spot twice, finishing second at both Michigan International Speedway (August) and Auto Club Speedway (October), led for 133 laps and earned the pole position at Michigan (August).
* Vickers hopes that the fourth time at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) is the charm! He has three previous Nationwide Series starts at TMS, with his best finish coming in April, 2008, when he drove the No. 32 Toyota home in the sixth place. His best start at the 1.5-mile speedway was in March, 2003, when he started from the fifth position and led for 87 laps until a crash ended his day early.
* Although he has one top-10 finish at TMS, his impressive performance this season on intermediate tracks makes him a strong contender for the win this weekend!
Vickers on returning to Texas Motor Speedway:
"Although all of the finishes don't show it, Texas really is my kind of track. It's wide with multiple grooves. You can move your car around to find where it works the best. The important thing is to just be there at the end. Because it is such a fast track and the race is bumper to bumper, it is easy to get caught up in a racing mistake. We have had such strong cars at the intermediate tracks this year. This is my last chance to get these guys to victory lane in 2009, and we are long overdue for a win. I think we have a very good chance of that this weekend."
Vickers on his 2009 NASCAR Nationwide Season:
"It has been a great season with Braun Racing and Dollar General. We have had great cars, the pole at Michigan and some really good finishes. I am ready to top it all off with a win at Texas Motor Speedway. I really enjoy my time with the No. 32 guys. They are a lot of fun to work with. I really want to thank Trent (crew chief) and the team for all of their hard work this year. Also, a big thank you to Dollar General for all of their support. They are such a great sponsor to work with! I can't imagine a better way to celebrate our year than to take them to victory lane on Saturday afternoon."
* The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #040 in this weekend's O'Reilly Challenge at Texas Motor Speedway.
* #040 was last seen on track at Lowe's Motor Speedway (October, 2009) where Vickers finished fourth in the Dollar General 300.
* This is the same chassis that Vickers drove at Chicagoland Speedway (July, 2009) where he qualified second, narrowly missing the pole position by only 0.003 seconds! He finished in the third position.