Dodge in NASCAR Nationwide Series * Penske Racing's two NASCAR Nationwide Series entries have recorded one win (Justin Allgaier, Bristol) along with a combined eight top-five and 10 top-10 finishes. Penske Dodges have completed 100 percent of...
Dodge in NASCAR Nationwide Series
* Penske Racing's two NASCAR Nationwide Series entries have recorded one win (Justin Allgaier, Bristol) along with a combined eight top-five and 10 top-10 finishes. Penske Dodges have completed 100 percent of the laps contested (1,974 of 1,974). Allgaier and point leader Brad Keselowski have led 185 laps.
* Dodge is atop the NNS standings for only the third time.
JUSTIN ALLGAIER -- No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge Highlights:
* Earned his first NASCAR Nationwide Series win this year at Bristol Motor Speedway, leading a 1-2 Penske Racing Dodge finish.
* Currently fifth in Nationwide Series driver points standings, 51 behind the leader, Penske teammate Brad Keselowski.
* Allgaier has three top-five and five top-10 finishes with an average starting position of 13.3 and an average finish of 6.3 in the first six Nationwide Series races this year.
* Allgaier was the 2009 Raybestos Rookie of the Year in the Nationwide Series.
* Earned his first career Nationwide Series pole at Memphis last fall.
* Second full year with Penske Racing in Nationwide Series.
* Won the ARCA championship in 2008, posting six wins and overcoming a 105-point deficit in final race.
BRAD KESELOWSKI -- No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Highlights:
* Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series driver standings by four points over Carl Edwards.
* His fifth consecutive top-five finish last weekend at Phoenix International Raceway is the longest current top-five streak in the Nationwide Series this year.
* Has completed all 1,197 laps contested this year and led 157.
* Has 33 top-10 finishes in the last 37 Nationwide Series races.
* Claimed back-to-back poles at Las Vegas and Bristol earlier this year.
* Recorded career-high four victories in 2009 (Dover, Iowa, Michigan and Memphis).
DID YOU KNOW
* Penske Racing's Brad Keselowski sits atop the driver standings for the first time in his three-year stint in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
* In April 2006, Kurt Busch picked up the eighth Nationwide Series win for Penske Racing when he took the checkered flag in the O'Reilly 300 at TMS. In nine starts, the organization has one win and one pole (Ryan Newman, 11/2005) along with one top-five and three top-10 finishes.
* Penske Dodge's have earned two poles in five races this season - both by Keselowski.
DODGE DRIVER QUOTES
Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge
"Texas is an extremely fast track in any kind of car, but no car gives you the sensation of speed that the Nationwide Series car does. It actually feels faster than a Cup car. You enter Turn 1 at around 190-195 mph, depending on whether you are in race trim or qualifying trim. If your car is handling the way it needs to, you'll go through that corner without lifting, or barely lifting, out of the throttle. You're on the edge the entire lap and if you don't hit your marks, you can easily end up in the wall."
Justin Allgaier, No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge
"Texas is a fun place. It's a fast mile-and-a-half track that has a lot of bumps in Turns 1 and 2. It's got very different banking characteristics than Charlotte or Atlanta. It's a place where you race hard every lap. We've had some decent races there, and we've improved our program at intermediate tracks in 2010.
-source: dodge motorsports