* LEFFLER'S NATIONWIDE SERIES TALLADEGA HIGHLIGHTS Leffler has four NNS starts at Talladega with a best start of third in last year's race and best finish of fifth from the 2004 event. * LEFFLER RESTRICTOR PLATE RACE HIGHLIGHTS - Out of a ...
* LEFFLER'S NATIONWIDE SERIES TALLADEGA HIGHLIGHTS
Leffler has four NNS starts at Talladega with a best start of third in last year's race and best finish of fifth from the 2004 event.
* LEFFLER RESTRICTOR PLATE RACE HIGHLIGHTS
- Out of a total of 13 NNS restrictor plate races, Leffler has started within the top-10 on seven occasions. In his last four restrictor plate starts, including all three events in 2007 and this year's season opener at Daytona, Leffler has started within the top-three in all four, including one pole in the July event at Daytona.
- Leffler has one top-five, five top-10's and ten top-20 finishes in 13 career NNS restrictor plate races. Another impressive stat -- Leffler has no DNF's to his credit in any of those 13 races.
LEFFLER ON RACING AT TALLADEGA:
"The restrictor plate races are a lot of fun but it's definitely not something I would want to do every weekend. Only having three a year makes for a pretty good challenge. During practice you really want to spend some time figuring out what your car will do where, whether you're in the middle or on the inside or outside, and then put that in the back of your mind for the race. It's a type of racing where you have to be pretty aggressive but at the same time you have to be cautious, especially early on. You don't want to be the guy that causes the 20 car pile-up 15 laps into the race. On the other hand, when you get to the end of the race it's pretty much a wide open free for all and you have to take chances."
LEFFLER ON THE ART OF BUMP-DRAFTING:
"With bump-drafting, you want someone behind you that is experienced and the timing has to be right. In the beginning of the race when someone shoves you in the middle of the tri-oval it tends to get you a little mad because it is so early and it's risky. However, when you get to the end of the race you're pretty much just begging for someone to bump-draft you anywhere on the track so you can get that shove to the front. The last 5 -10 laps are pretty hairy and there is a lot of bump-drafting going on but it makes it exciting for everyone. You just don't know how it's all going to pan out until the checkered flag drops."
The No. 38 Great Clips team will compete with chassis # 004 in this weekend's Aaron's 312. This is the same chassis Leffler drove in all three restrictor plate races in 2007 including Daytona (started 2nd and finished 22nd) Talladega (started 3rd and finished 25th) and Daytona-2 (started on the pole and finished ninth) as well as this year's season opener in Daytona where he started third and finished 19th.