* Vickers is back! Can you believe it has been since Las Vegas (February, 27 2010) that we last saw BV in the signature yellow and black of Dollar General? This weekend, Vickers makes his fourth start of the 2010 season in Braun Racing's No. 32 ...
* Vickers is back! Can you believe it has been since Las Vegas (February, 27 2010) that we last saw BV in the signature yellow and black of Dollar General? This weekend, Vickers makes his fourth start of the 2010 season in Braun Racing's No. 32 Toyota. He has two top-five, three top-10 finishes and has yet to start outside of the top-10!
* Vickers is racing for more than the hardware during Autism Awareness Month. Dollar General has partnered with Autism Speaks to increase the awareness of autism and raise funds for autism research and advocacy. Dollar General kicked off the month-long campaign with a $50,000 donation and will make an additional $50,000 donation to Autism Speaks for every race won by Sorenson or Brian Vickers in the No. 32 Dollar General car in April.
o Autism hits home at Braun Racing. This campaign is extra-special to the Braun Racing family as crew chief Trent Owens' son was diagnosed with autism last year.
* Despite racing in NASCAR for 10 seasons, this weekend Vickers will make only his fourth NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) start at Talladega Superspeedway. He has started outside of the top-five only once, with his best start of second coming last year in the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota (April, 2009). Vickers has one top-five finish (April, 2006) and has led 15 laps around the 2.66-mile speedway.
* Previous Talladega winner...Vickers visited Talladega Superspeedway's victory lane in October, 2006, earning his first Sprint Cup Series win.
* Vickers will next pilot the No. 32 Camry when the Nationwide Series heads to Darlington (May, 2010). Reed Sorenson will hop in the driver's seat for next weekend's race at Richmond International Raceway.
* Impressive numbers at Talladega! Vickers ranks in the top-10 in several Loop Data categories. These categories include: Average Running Position (1st), Driver Rating (2nd), Fastest Drivers Early in a Run (8th), Fastest Green Flag Speed (9th), Laps Led (9th) and Quality Passes (7th).
* The Dollar General team heads to Talladega with chassis #024.
Brian Vickers on superspeedway racing and Talladega:
"I am glad to be back with the Braun Racing guys! I have a lot of fun driving the Dollar General Toyota. Reed did a great job in the car and kept the No. 32 team up in the points. Now, it's time for Talladega, where anything goes and you never know what is going to happen. I love running the restrictor plate tracks. I know I say it all the time, but it really is a 200-mile-an-hour chess match. You just have to know when to make your move and cross your fingers that someone goes with you when you do!"
-source: braun racing