Notes of Interest: * Sorenson makes first NASCAR Nationwide Series start of the 2009 season at Gateway International Raceway (GIR) in the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota. * History in the making? This weekend Sorenson attempts to make history by...
Notes of Interest:
* Sorenson makes first NASCAR Nationwide Series start of the 2009 season at Gateway International Raceway (GIR) in the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota.
* History in the making? This weekend Sorenson attempts to make history by becoming the Nationwide Series driver with the most wins at Gateway International Raceway. He is currently tied with Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Kevin Harvick with two wins each. Harvick is also entered in this weekend's event.
* Gateway Stats: Sorenson has four consecutive Nationwide Series starts at Gateway International Raceway. He has two wins, three top-five finishes and a whopping 155 laps led. His qualifying record isn't too shabby either. He has started on the outside pole three times!
* Dollar General BIG STAGE Sweepstakes is underway! Enter for your chance to win a VIP trip to Nashville, backstage passes with Trace Adkins at the Grand Ole Opry AND $50,000!! Over 1800 additional prizes will be awarded. Contest is from June 28 -- October 1, 2009. To enter, simply shop at Dollar General and buy participating products, then enter the special code on your receipt at dollargeneral.com. You can also enter with no purchase necessary. Visit www.dollargeneral .com for information.
Sorenson on racing at Gateway:
"I am looking forward to returning to Gateway in Braun Racing's No. 32 Dollar General Toyota. I enjoy racing there and the track has been good to me in the past. Trent Owens [Crew Chief] and his team have turned out some really strong cars this season which I'm looking forward to using to my advantage on GIR's long straightaways. I really think that we can get to victory lane this weekend. I've been there twice before and would love to go again with this Dollar General team."
* The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #028 in this weekend's Missouri-Illinois Dodge Dealers 250.
* This is the same chassis that the No. 32 team ran at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in June, 2009. Vickers started 8th and was poised for a top-five finish when contact from behind in turn four of the last lap relegated him to a 12th-place finish.