* The Driver...Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will make his second career NASCAR start at Richmond International Raceway on Friday evening. He finished 20th at RIR in April. * The Machine...The No. 6 Ford Fusion will sport the familiar CitiFinancial...
* The Driver...Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will make his second career NASCAR start at Richmond International Raceway on Friday evening. He finished 20th at RIR in April.
* The Machine...The No. 6 Ford Fusion will sport the familiar CitiFinancial colors this weekend. CitiFinancial is the primary sponsor for 24 races in 2010 for Stenhouse. The team will use chassis #RK-431 at RIR. Stenhouse tested this new Mustang chassis at Gresham Motorsports Park in Georgia last week.
* Now Appearing...On Thursday Sept. 9, 2010, Stenhouse will be appearing at CitiFinancial Branch #076 - 798 Southpark Blvd., Colonial Heights, Virginia 23834 between 4:30 p.m. -- 5:30 p.m. EDT. He will also participate in a Q&A session on Friday Sept. 10 at the Ford Racing Display at RIR from 2:00 p.m. -- 2:15 p.m. EDT. Both events are open to the public.
* Locked In...The No. 6 Roush Fenway Racing team is 23rd in owner points and for the 10th consecutive week is guaranteed a spot in the Virginia College Savings 250 at Richmond International Raceway on Friday evening. The top-30 teams are locked into the event.
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. on racing at Richmond International Raceway:
"Richmond is just good racing. It's under the lights and that's always cool. It's another short track and I am looking forward to it. We were fast at the end of the first race in Richmond, so I feel good about doing that from the start this weekend. We are racing the new Ford Mustang so everyone is pumped up for that. We tested at Gresham last week and will have an extra day of practice to shake it down which will help for race day. I've also made laps there in a sprint car and I know it's not the exact same line, but I think we're going to be ready to run up front especially with the momentum from our top-10 in Atlanta last weekend."
Crew Chief Mike Kelley on racing at Richmond International Raceway:
"We need a solid qualifying effort to make life a little easier on us. Track position from the outset of the race can give you more options during early pit stops and can take a lot of pressure off a pit crew. The key for us is to make sure our Ford Mustang handles properly throughout the race. We are going to do everything we can to secure a good finish for this No. 6 Roush Fenway team."