* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team and driver Justin Allgaier will race chassis PRS-16 during Friday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Richmond International Raceway. PRS-16 has seen action at both Phoenix ...
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team and driver Justin Allgaier will race chassis PRS-16 during Friday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Richmond International Raceway. PRS-16 has seen action at both Phoenix International Raceway as well as The Milwaukee Mile this season with a best finish of eighth at Phoenix.
* ROY Watch... Allgaier remains the leader in the Nationwide Series Rookie-Of-The-Year battle with nine races remaining on the 2009 schedule. The Riverton, Ill. native is currently XX points ahead of Brendan Gaughan in the rookie standings after 26 of 35 events.
* Stop By... On Thursday, September 10, Allgaier will visit the Verizon Wireless store near Richmond, Virginia from 6-7 p.m. ET. The rookie racer will meet with store employees and sign autographs for fans. The Verizon Wireless store is located at 15617 WC Commons Way in Midlothian, VA.
* Autographs Anyone?... Allgaier will appear at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer on Friday, September 11, starting at 2 p.m. ET. The trailer is located behind the front straightaway at Richmond International Raceway.
Justin Allgaier on driving at Richmond International Raceway
"Richmond is awesome. It is a racers dream. You can race really hard into the corners and it is really wide so you have room to pass. We just need to keep our nose clean and make it to the end of the event. In the spring, we got caught up in an early wreck and I did not get a chance to race up front. I am looking forward to going back and trying to get our Verizon Wireless Dodge up front.
"Racing on Friday night brings all the racers back to their roots. It wasn't long ago that I was getting out of school on Friday afternoon and rushing to the track to race Friday night. I think everyone, including the fans, love the night races. There is something about it that adds a bit of excitement to the weekend."
Crew Chief Chad Walter on racing at Richmond International Raceway
"We know we need to get a good starting spot in order to have a strong race. You have to keep your car in the lead pack all day to have a shot for the win. I am confident if we stay out of trouble all night, we will have another strong run with our Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger.
"Our challenge is going to be getting the car comfortable for the race. We practice during the heat of the day and race at night. We have to make sure we do not over adjust the car for the track conditions. When the sun goes down, the track is going to gain grip and we need to keep up with it all night."